How does a dummy start over

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,023 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi all, I am desperate for help. I think I could handle my Vu+uno box if I could start again.
    Does anybody know how to undoe everything I have done?
    I have installed Vix image, I have lost IPK update and nothing I try will work.
    I have been trying for 12 days, about 8 hours a day.
    Desperate,
    Colin

• Thanks for replying,
    I have flashed a new image but it is still the same.
    Now when I try this again it will not flash.
    I have done about a 100 factory resets but i cannot get back the installer in Vix.
    Still desperate,
    Colin

• Also when I go to image manager after rest it tells me there is a problem with this device please reformat. I DO NOT KNOW HOW AND RESTORE DOES NOTHING.
    Regards
    Colin

• Official Post

The stick already was fat 32.
    I have now been at it today for 12 solid hours.
    And leicester are losing 1-0
    the box cost £299 does anyone want to buy it?
    Colin

Coliin you have one of the best boxes around, in order for us to help you we need a bit more info from you. Can you give us a brief description of what you are doing when trying to flash the new image.

• hi mate, please b patient, i had the same problems as u, and believe me older and denser, clear usb stick, and reload blackhole, after turning of from the back,

• Well ,glad I saw this post revived!!
    The USB stick you have ,although flashed in FAT32 just won´t "start" or "boot" and the reason why is simply because the VU+ won´t recognise it until you either reformat it from the box itself OR you simply use another USB..
    Like you I went into the early hours of this morning with exactly the same symptoms with a USBstick 2gbs..
    unfortunately I only had one other USB (4gbs) which I had my backup settings ,etc, so had no other choice but to use it.
    I reformatted the 4gbs(losing all my settings) loaded on the image ( I use BH for the moment) and started from 0
    as if I had just taken the vu out of its packaging.
    It took the image straight away and I proceeded to reload everything again!!
    I never imagined that it could have been the usb 2gbs not being "capable".
    Now I use this 2gbs as the usb/media for epg ,picons ,etc after reformatting and mounting it in the vu.
    Another point is make sure there is no other USB connected to the box when reflashing(I have a DTT penstick connected on other usb rear)
    Lesson learned and hopefully will help you too!!
    caz ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!