Vu+ duo image advise

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,426 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    Just repaired my Vu+ duo which had a faulty IC 802. All working again. However the box for quiet a while takes a long time to boot. I often have time to go for a pint and when I return home all will be OK. I am running BH 2.0.1 ? (cannot check exactly version as it is booting at the moment). When I first installed this image it only took a few minutes. I have un-ticked as many addons as possible such as auto resolution, DVD player etc but this has had no effect. Any Ideas other than install a newer version of BH.
    Thanks in advance.

• Two main possibilities.

1. The image is performing a check disk on the HDD at bootup although there would be no reason why it would do this every single time it boots up, creating a bootlog will tell you for sure.
    2. The capacitor you replaced caused more damage to the receiver before you had a chance to replace it, This is the most likely of the two possibilities in my opinion, if this is the case power cycling the receiver will cause more severe and possibly permanent damage.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Edited once, last by pheonix ().

• Thanks pheonix,
    I have a feeling that your option 1 suggestion may be worth investigating. How do I create a boot log and post on this forum for further advise.
    This problem is present for the past year. Receiver operates ok just as long as I don't power cycle it. The IC U801 was faulty so I replaced it and the associated 220uf capacitor. The voltages on the 3 reg ic's all seem fine. I can now confirm that I am running BH 2.0.7.

• Hi Master G.
    This is what I get from telnet.
    root@bm750:~# free
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 138492 120740 17752 0 172 42640
    -/+ buffers/cache: 77928 60564
    Swap: 0 0 0

To clarify. The slow booting issue was present long before U801 went faulty. I think that it gradually got slower over time. After a reflash, booting time was fine.
    Also, I just noticed that the HD seems to be running during the long booting process. Don't know if this is normall.

Edited 2 times, last by hs5424 ().

• Update,
    I reflashed with 2.0.7 and now all is OK. Booting takes about 2 minutes or so.
    P.S. The replacement U801 costs less than one euro. Thats why I ordered and received 20 of them for 21USD.

do you have a link for the seller?
    if not allowed to be posted maybe via pm please?
    good to hear you got your box sorted, I still reckon the Duo is one of the best boxes ever made.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!