VU+ solo Keeps crashing

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,089 times. The last Post () by Julesd.

• Hi cazuela, I have installed a vix image with the settings you recommended to me and testing it now.
    Does anyone know how to see system mamory usage on vix image please? I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks.
    Jules.

• Hi cazuela,
    I am trying that image again.
    I have entered the command into telnet but it seems ram is back up to about 95% again.
    I have installed flashexpander but when I try to run it, it comes back with message it cannot install to HDD ext3
    Do I need to change something here please?

Regards,
    Jules.

• another option you could try, using BlackHole set up Teleportation function, I have a swap file and teleportation set up on 2 genuine vu boxes, The Ram is nearly always round 90% anyway, the box will only transfer to the swap file when it needs to, whereas using flash expansion it starts to transfer on boot..Teleportation is easy to set up,within the image, an alternate image is created, in your alternate image you can add plug ins they're stored on a usb, these additions will only exist in the alternate universe, you can jump back to your original image at any time, just an alternative for you

Edited once, last by samsid ().

• another option you could try, using BlackHole set up Teleportation function, I have a swap file and teleportation set up on 2 genuine vu boxes, The Ram is nearly always round 90% anyway, the box will only transfer to the swap file when it needs to, whereas using flash expansion it starts to transfer on boot..Teleportation is easy to set up,within the image, an alternate image is created, in your alternate image you can add plug ins they're stored on a usb, these additions will only exist in the alternate universe, you can jump back to your original image at any time, just an alternative for you

I also use BH universe living in AVALON on an UNO ,the space on a 4gb stick is more than enough incl. all those heavy plugins like HBBTV...
    Difference with this method is it takes a few seconds more to boot up but no need for flashexpander or skinmover plugin or swapfile or the likes..

• As has been said multiple times, the amount of RAM in use will always be at around 95 percent or higher, this is because Linux considers free memory as wasted and will always use as much as possible, freeing portions up as and when needed, it's the flash storage you need to keep a eye on especially on receivers like the solo and duo as even a relatively low amount of plugins can eat up this very quickly.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Thanks pheonix,
    I have put the basic BH 2.10 back on again now, I think this has been the most stable. The only problem is I cannot stop my external HDD from spinning.
    Any ideas please?

Regards,
    Jules.

• OK Guys,
    It is working now with the BH 2.1.0 image that codar recommended and the telnet command cazuela advised me to enter.
    Still working this morning. I am ver grateful, thanks.
    Only problem now as I mentioned last night is that I cannot stop my usb HDD from spinning. I have tried everything, but it has been running continuously.

Thanks.
    Jules.

• Thanks codar,
    It seems to be only the BH image that causes this problem with the HDD.
    Ian from another forum seems to have found the answer to my original crashing problem (fingers crossed)
    He said it is caused by the skin. I have now installed Vix again and left the skin as default. So far so good.
    Thanks to you Guys for all the good advice also.
    Hope this helps others too!

Kind regards,
    Jules.

• Hi Julesd

Glad I could help.

Regarding your question about creating a 512meg swap,you have to use telnet to do this as presently no image software offers the option of a swap of this size.

If you do a search on here I think master G has posted a complete how to on doing this on this site,and there is also one on pimps where you originally asked me the question.

Ian.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!