Thinking of getting a Moteck H-H 180 Motor

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,648 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi,

I have read a lot of conflicting stories around the net about The Moteck H180 H-H Motor. One Internet Supplier says it is "Discontinued" where as several others have it for sale, between £150 and £180. Has anyone fitted this type or exact motor and is it discontinued. My 'original' Jaeger 18" Superjack is getting a bit floppy? ie the shaft that extends out and in has a lot of side play/up and down movement. I think it is time for a new one or the Moteck H180.

Any/all info/guidance appreciated.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• It's not bad but not great either you may have better luck fitting it to your channel master than i did to my Gibby 1.25m, the dish is to heavy for it but the CM may just have the edge with it being lighter without the back plate.

you should get the CM plate adaptor in the Box i did with mine, I think who ever designed it tried to rip off the Jaeger 1224 but i am afraid its not in the same class.

One good point is its extremely quiet compared to a Superjack

• Thanks for that digi247, the 1224 was what I was interested in several years ago. My CM is fibreglass and the top and bottom bearing supports are a bit loose, so when the dish is pushed West or East there is about 25-30mm movement at the lnb. This doesn't interfere with the signal as I have setup only 28.2 at present. All other sats are saved except their respective bouquets. I might just stick with a new Superjack for now, saves all this declination and inclination all over again.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Thanks for that digi247, the 1224 was what I was interested in several years ago. My CM is fibreglass and the top and bottom bearing supports are a bit loose, so when the dish is pushed West or East there is about 25-30mm movement at the lnb. This doesn't interfere with the signal as I have setup only 28.2 at present. All other sats are saved except their respective bouquets. I might just stick with a new Superjack for now, saves all this declination and inclination all over again.

the 1224 is a great motor I use it on my cm 1.2 attached to a 6" dia pole 10ft in the air , it has had some stick over the years , wind rain and snow I must admit it was a bitch to set up but we got there

1.2 channel master dish , inverto quad with prime focus lnb , jagger 1224 motor , vu+duo , dragon cam, diablo cam , diablo wireless cam , cas 3 ,

• Thanks, cwebb66.

Now I am in two minds, Moteck or Superjack. I have just searched for 18" Superjack again and found 'FalconSat' £30+ delivery? now that is cheap. Have sent them an email "Is the 18" Superjack a genuine Jaeger?" and guaranteed. We will see when they answer, and quote the 'SOGA'.

• Thanks, cwebb66.

Now I am in two minds, Moteck or Superjack. I have just searched for 18" Superjack again and found 'FalconSat' £30+ delivery? now that is cheap. Have sent them an email "Is the 18" Superjack a genuine Jaeger?" and guaranteed. We will see when they answer, and quote the 'SOGA'.

That wont be Genuine at that price a certain store with initials SSS charge around £65 for an 18" one i get mine from Germany with shipping comes to around €47 at todays rate around £38 delivered in around 3 days

I also use the 1224 for about 10 years now and a couple of times I noticed side play,
    now if you take off the top cover you'll see two red bolts and if you tighten these with
    an Allen key it takes out the side play.

• I think the dish size will dictate the motor size

1.2 channel master dish , inverto quad with prime focus lnb , jagger 1224 motor , vu+duo , dragon cam, diablo cam , diablo wireless cam , cas 3 ,

• A friend of mine in Belfast has been using a Moteck for a while now and has had no problems at all

Thanks Prophet,
    Looks like it is the way I am going to go. Whilst cleaning around the area of my dish, (its mounted on a 3ftx3ftx3ft concrete slab I put in around 16 years ago) I thought W.T.F!! The dish has a crack from the LH support/LNB holder about 6". Now I know it was not me or my wife damaged it, but last night about 10 ish the floodlight with built in sensor was on when I went into the kitchen. "Probably another cat" I thought. Did not see anyone but it might have been one of those blasted Peacocks my village is plagued with. Oh well more expense, only another couple of hundred quid to spend. The Moteck apparently, comes with a polar mount for a Raven, was Andrews, was Channel Master, so for £380, dish and Moteck, I am going that way. I know what you are all going to say, "Repair the damage, its only Fibreglass" Agreed but stresses on a 1.2CM and my location cannot take a chance. Anyway, I will have to get out my thinking cap again for setup. Now where did I put my notes from the original installation.

Thanks to you all for your input and tips.

Edited once, last by ampedef ().

• Re SSS. Yes I know, I rang them today and they wanted to sell me : 1 dish, 1 polar mount, their design, 1 Jaeger 18" linear jack, 1 lnb all for the princely sum of £479. I wont be going there again.

• try the forum sponsor wos

• When you get the Motek H180 it actually as i previously stated comes with the CM 1.2m back plate so basically bolts directly to the dish face itself, so if your ordering another CM 1.2 then you need everything apart form the rear AZ/EL mount as the Motek will take care of that duty

• Had a look, cwebb66, but it looks like a 97cm is the largest they do. It looks like The Satellite Shop is where I will be getting the dish and motor from and Andy cannot understand, no more than me Why the dish decided to crack. Although several years ago when the 24" linear motor I had on it, broke the bottom bearing and the dish was all over the place. Oh well there goes my Harley upgrade for a few more months. By the way my Road King is up for sale, year 2000, too many extras to mention here, including Chrome Front end + all original parts. The new HOG will have to wait for now.

• Thanks, digi247, Andy at The Satellite Shop is making sure everything is, as is and complete before I order the new parts, and there is no rush. I will leave the dish set at 28.2 for now and then when I get the new dish and motor make sure it is all setup at 0.8W. Many thanks, again to you all for your input.

• Latest on the crack in my dish. Had an old friend round, he has an auto repair and maintenance business, and he had a look at the crack and said, "Your wasting your money on a new dish, key the crack and use P40 to seal and repair the crack at the back of it and then put a small amount in the front. Your lucky, it will not interfere with the signal and it is not a weakness crack". He has repaired a few cars, including my old Supra, and knows about fibreglass. So, I shall just order the Moteck and go from there. Will keep you informed how I get on.

btw, bought a new Harley as well.

• Thanks toothfairy. I suppose I am too quick to buy new (except the Harley, could not turn it down. Got a brand new HD, £16,745 for £13,999, and a good trade-in for my 14 year old R.K.C. Should be delivered this week, coming from Birmingham HD, Stratstone. Now to order that motor. I'll let you guys know how I progress :59:

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!