Amiko Alien HD

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 742 times. The last Post () by codar.

• My brother was thinking of buying an Amiko HD box but with the HD channels going down at present would this be a wise move? Also if he did is there plenty of help for setting it up on the site? They seem to have a good name or do they? Thanks for any advice.

• Better off going for a "true" mips receiver.
    Amiko is good value for money but for a bit more, you'll get a receiver that is a bit faster and more stable with a lot more choice on image and plugins.
    I have been playing around with a vu solo for the last week and it beats the amiko for speed and stability but a bit more expensive.
    Hd box is still worth the extra outlay imo as there is a fair bit out there that is fta (bbc itv etc..)

• i always say look at you budget and then go for a box that suits

but i would say pick one that has a dvb-t/c tuner as well

now iv never repeat never had a problem with my alien2 triple , ok images a few a far between but whats available is fine but that can be said for a lot of boxes including so called true mips reciever where images are being updated daily . What people forget is a lot of skins and plugins that work on mips also work on the sh4 stb.

To to me the market is saturated at the moment and a lot of boxes will fall to the wayside.

• Better off going for a "true" mips receiver.
    Amiko is good value for money but for a bit more, you'll get a receiver that is a bit faster and more stable with a lot more choice on image and plugins.
    I have been playing around with a vu solo for the last week and it beats the amiko for speed and stability but a bit more expensive.

I presume you mean a Solo 2 as opposed to a Solo as the Alien 2 is much much faster than the Solo ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!