The Basics... Help!

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 973 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi,

ive been searching through the forums and i have fudged my way through setting up my vu+ box a month or so back which i managed to do but i would like to get it completely up to date and understand exactly what i am doing!. Ive been trying to read through some threads and the simple fact is i dont understand some basic terminology or exactly what i need to do. So i would like to try and run through the steps and get some pointers... if anyone can help? :) Hopefully someone else can use this thread in the future.

1) ok so first i flashed my duo with the VIX image. Seems popular enough and there must be some damn fine reasons behind that. For me it seems stable and that about it. The menu systems quite easy too. The vix image came from here +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. Really easy copying to the usb drive and simply plugging it into the front

2) I have installed the cccams. I found a cam pack, unzipped them and coppied them into the tmp file. Went through the menu system to the IPK installer and installed the cccams one at a time. These are now active and working too. btw - what is a cccam?? in simple terms??and what are the different cccams and the differences between them. do i need them all?

3) What else do i actually need to do! Previously i believe i uploaded a channel list to the box although the reality is i barely remember. so could someone tell me exactly what they would do from this point. Shold i not upload a channel list and simply let the system search for channels itself?

Ive seen various enigma 2 settings, then bouguets (whats a bouquet? are these channel lists?) picons (whats a picon? pictures for epgs?) The epg i have doesnt seem to work great. Cross epg is built into VIX but i cant seem to get the auto download to work correctly. Instead i have to do it manually each week, despite having adjusted the settings to download at 5:00am each morning.

It would just be great if there were a step by step guide explaining everything you need in an orderly manner, and explaining exactly what it is you are doing when you make the changes.

So basically, to the more experienced members. What would you do with a new box from scratch, in what order, and where would you download the latest files?

Thanks for any help

Pete

• It seems to me that you have answered your own questions :CCcam is one protocol of conditional access software modules CAMs or emulators that emulate the CA systems.
    CCcam 2.2.1 is the latest version which is fine for some local cards.
    for some other cards they need a different reader ,for example sbox,mgcamd.
    For other cards to be read correctly then oscam would be the reader and linked to CCcam 2.1.3(which seems to be the most compatible stable version for some)
    so ,first you decide which local card you are going to share then find the best compatible configuration for it.
    you only need ONE version of CCcam to run(and any other emu as a reader if CCcam cannot do the job properly)
    If you download an already prepared channel settings list ,(which includes bouquets(lists) of channels) then there is no need to scan for channels( I use catseye E2 for UNo + catseye E1 for DM500)this is a personal choice.
    as for crossepg,etc ,you need to read the relevant posts.
    E2 and all its images/settings/possibilities are new to me (look at my recent posts) so I´m in a learning process just like yourself and I think the best way of learning is reading then trying things out myself !!
    I´m looking forward to reading about your experiences !!
    caz;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!