why can't i get oscam to work on any image other than old Nemesis

There are 51 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,555 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• I aint tried it yet, what attributes is best?

sorry the directory was typo on my part, the fles were in the correct directory but chmoded 644

the files I d/ frm MasterGl had 755 but as I say I've always set them to 644 what is the correct setting.

regards: canthackit

• ok mate brill

made sure the configs were in the correct directory lol, set the clock speeds, and chmod 755 didn't even need a reboot channels cleared immediately.

EDIT: OH and it's running 9796?
    EDIT2: on streamboard it suggest Dreambox mipsel clockspeed as 2700 and PPC as 3150 should I change it? as I'm running it at 3150t own spee
    EDIT3: Nah forget it mate, re-read it, it's set to autospeed so it sets it own speed so it's selected 3150

thanks for you time and patience, and endurance.

best regards: canthackit

Edited 3 times, last by canthackit: too many edits ().

• No when using auto clocking it sets the card speed by the ATR it recieves and for 0963 this is set at 450mhz which is slightly underclocked,so if you want faster ecms untick the autoclock feature and increase this to 500mhz (to overclock the card) but with 0963 dont go above about 580mhz(to be perfectly honest,with your old settings how they were,youve been very lucky not to fry the card in your attempts to get the newer oscam version running,using old oscam configs)

the cardmhz is the crystal speed of the reader which differs for different box chipsets.
    the ppc chipset uses 3150mhz and mipsel uses 2700mhz

so you need to set your cardmhz to 2700 because you are using mipsel as this setting is not set by the autoclock feature and is set manually by the user.

Ian.

Edited 7 times, last by ian1095 ().

• Openpli is an awesome image,probably the best out there,but it does require a swap.

Create a 512mg swap on your HDD or USB and all will be fine for you.

The image will then be very fast on your box as its designed to make the kernel send much more data to the swap than other images.Its also one of the most compact images out there too.
    This means its perfect for smaller flash sizes and boxes with less ram.

Trust me,set this swap up and you wont ever use another image again.

Ian.

• ok mate
    i'll take your advice but I wont use the current version the modded one, I'll find a clean version and install oscam manually now I know how lol

I've been on but the sat scene for years had all manner of boxes going back to the original DB (ooops forgot what one it was) Pli has been one of the many images I have never been able to get on with, but I'm taking your advice and installing a clean open pli with a usb pen for a 512mg swap and aint used a swap for yonks.

thanks again, I will post back just to let you know how it goes lol

thanks & regards: canthackit

• sorry mate I didn't recognise your monika, as you can see I still aint learnt anything. lol

pimps! well I don't know what caused it but it became unpopular, it seemed to me after the constant dos attacks, there was very few of the old guard accessing the site, so I left too.

the same problem is still there, when accessing the webif that's what sets the spinner off and I have to reboot to cancel it.

MODS:sorry about this I know I should be starting a new thread.

but I've installed the modded pli image it's the most recent I could find, setup a 4 gb pen with 2x2 gb partitions formatted to ext 4 I don't know if it sets and imbedded swap file but I cant find a way of setting one up manually.

regards: canthackit

• ok
    found a swap manager file by the boss, couldn't d/l the .ipk file so installed it manually setup as a 512 swap, now remains to be seen If it solves the spinner problem.

thanks boss and ian1095 for all your help

best regards: canthackit

Edited once, last by canthackit: forgot help ().

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!