How to install CCcam 2.2.0 on the VU+DUO using VIX image

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,361 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Thanks G'man. It then dissapears into my box (Solo) - never to be found again. It doesn't appear in my softcam set up. Any suggestions?

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• forgive my ignorance but whats the advantage of2.2.0

• Ok, the mystery has been solved (well on my box anyway).

I have a solo and I presume it will be the same for the duo.
    The cccam .bin file should reside in /usr/softcams for it to be seen in the setup menu (menu, setup, softcam / ci, softcam setup). The .ipk file puts the cccam2_2_0 bin file in /usr/bin.

You need to ftp into your box and move the cccam2_2_0 file from /usr/bin to /usr/softcams and chmod to 755. You can then, with your remote, go to the softcam setup menu where you will see the new 2_2_0 file to set up as normal.

I hope all of that makes sense and please let me know if this is the same for both duo and solo

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• Hi,

Thank you very much Master G. All day I try to install cccam with Vix image after open pli and you helped me most easily.
    Have a nice weekend.

• Using Filezilla and vix2.1, Vu+duo
    Every time i try and ftp to those directories, Fliezilla along with my PC freezes. it's as if the file cant go there.
    I can ftp to other folders no problem.

Any ideas
    Thanks Angelo

• Ip is correct, as for the password i assumed it would be breambox, so that's what i put. I'll try without.

No difference, still the same.

I think the file size has something to do with it.

Gonna leave it for the moment.

Using Vix 2.2 with cccam and oscam preinstalled

• [quote='master G','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=2123#post2123']You could rename 2.2.0 bin in the folder usr/bin to the same name of the old cccam bin you already have on your box!
    Set permissions / chmodd 755

If that doesnt work try uninstalling any previous versions of cccam then try to install again..[/Qp

please what means "set permission /chmodd 755?
    what i do on my vuplus?
    thanks

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!