Duo HDMI output blown after spilling beer in another box on network ?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 401 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Absolutely wounded ! i spilled beer into my tm800 which is set up in my shed and blew up the power supply board as you'd expect !
    Luckily i had another one kicking about from a tm800 with a faulty tuner ! I replaced the board and to my astonishment it fired up 1st time and works a treat ¬ BUT and its a big BUT - Thinking i got away with that lightly my mrs appears at the shed door asking why she hasn't got a signal on the main tv connected to the VU Duo ?

Upon investigation it appears some sort of mains surge caused by the beer in the tm800 has taken out the VU's HDMI circuitry ???
    i have tried different TV's , cables flashes ect ect but it seems hardware related ! Wounded _
    The common connection between them all apart from mains is the ethernet cabling which runs via a 16 port switch and router so not even direct !

Any one think it can be fixed ?
    Its at an electrical engineers house now so all i can do is cross my fingers.
    Yes all other outputs work But not the HDMI -

Be careful with your Beers boys ! it might cost you more than you bargained for !:23_002:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Edited once, last by rikjaard-real: grammer guv ! ().

• I´d also take from this the lesson of being sent ot the shed to watch on a tm whilst the boss uses the duo....:34_002:
    Especially knowing you in person !!!( mind you I´m in my converted garage for peace of mind)
    Apart from that it really is hard to believe alright...
    I imagine you had tried reflashing the image on the duo to rule out all soft possibilities??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!