Need help with amiko combo

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,391 times. The last Post () by fstp13.

• hi guys im looking for some help with the amiko combo having a ball ache im also new to this site so hello to you guys out there and any info would be appreciated thanks :)

• ah yes i was kinda introducing my self and then waiting for sum one to say they can help me. And the full set up of it for *** and cable i just recently managed to find how to put the net config file in and then couldnt get on the net config then i got hsdata update did that then went into net config and there i was told by others that i would install my line there but now i can get into it it just says change pass and 2 other options to hide net or something so this is where i got stuck as i cant see anywhere to insert a line in net config im cofused nothing like setting up an f5s or f3 box lol cheers if you can help

• have u a dump file or software for cable or sat for your provider/area. if so. update the box by usb. services.. update by usb. all sw+bootloader. When box reboots. menu, internet, network local setting. select wired then exit. next arrow down to net client config. Press yellow to edit. Imput your line in there. Make sure to select correct cam. Usually cable is mgcamd. exit. that should be it. if you go back into into net client config. You should see a green light. Your connected to your server etc. if red. Press green to restart.

• I have one of these boxes that is working, Michael, like yourself am a nubie, but if theres anything, eg setting I can get from my box and share with you is not a problem!

• have u a dump file or software for cable or sat for your provider/area. if so. update the box by usb. services.. update by usb. all sw+bootloader. When box reboots. menu, internet, network local setting. select wired then exit. next arrow down to net client config. Press yellow to edit. Imput your line in there. Make sure to select correct cam. Usually cable is mgcamd. exit. that should be it. if you go back into into net client config. You should see a green light. Your connected to your server etc. if red. Press green to restart.

Hi mate, I have 2 of these combo`s, one working one not, I tried to replicate the settings of the 1st onto the 2nd, it didn`t work. even uploaded the image from box 1 to the 2nd and that didn`t work! tried what you have said above, the cam on the 1st box id homecam (on virgin) I had issues with connecting to the server, but I have the green light, but when I scan, I get a channel list, but no signal and in every menu I have accessed that have the 2 power bars at the bottom (level and quality) are very very low!

Any ideas?
    Cheerz in advance

• Hi mate, I have 2 of these combo`s, one working one not, I tried to replicate the settings of the 1st onto the 2nd, it didn`t work. even uploaded the image from box 1 to the 2nd and that didn`t work! tried what you have said above, the cam on the 1st box id homecam (on virgin) I had issues with connecting to the server, but I have the green light, but when I scan, I get a channel list, but no signal and in every menu I have accessed that have the 2 power bars at the bottom (level and quality) are very very low!

Any ideas?
    Cheerz in advance

not sure about virgin.. but here our cable wont work if its split. I get no signal unless its direct feed from outside.. Maybe look into that

• I noticed that if I spilt the feed, the signal goes shight, but that ain`t my issue, I cant seem to get the settings right or I am missing something with my new box, My other box is fine! grrrr

• my feed is good, now whenever I try to save a setting, the box hangs! grr, time to reset the box and start again!
    The other thing I have noticed is on box 1, before I scan for channels, I have a max of 160 plus, where as on box 2 (new one) I only have a max of 70 channels, does that mean anything to anyone?

Edited 2 times, last by fstp13 ().

• phoned them, they (lavatronics) tried to convince me it had to go back to Hungry, I then started a conversation of what constitutes a DOA and posted it back to them, they should have it tomorrow!
    Thanks all for your comments and help and I should be trying again in a few days me hopes!:27_003:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!