What do i need to install TSPanel? Can i use my laptop?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,449 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi guys, i have one question, i am maybe going to buy a box to download and install TSPanel, but before i do that i want to be sure what i can get (i know that you have written what it contains all over the forum)
    But my main purpose is to have arabic channels..
    Is there i way i can use enigma2 or Openpli engine on my computer?? I already have Ubuntu on my other laptop and i've heard that the box is linux based so that's great. Or do i need to buy a box just to install TSPanel??

Because if i have to, could you please tell me how the quality is for arabic channels??

• Official Post

TSPanel is an addons panel with other handy tools for receivers, it doesn`t contain any arabic channels..

I think the plugin you are after is TSMedia multimedia center..

TSMedia is only available for mipsel, mips32el and sh4 type receivers, not ubuntu..

TSMedia uses streams and IPTV so the quality is never going to be perfect all the time..

• Ohh then i will look into TSMedia..
    So i can't like download TSMedia in my pc and just try a few channels just to see how the quality it??
    I know it's not going to be perfect all the time since it uses streams and IPTV like you said, but those services that sells a box including channels aren't they IPTV?
    Like i said, i'm going to buy a box, i think VU+ or Dreambox (or if you can recommend others i would be gladly to hear them)
    But i just want to see how the picture is even if it's not going to be perfect all the time

• Official Post

Unfortunately there is no way for you to test it unless you have an enigma2 receiver..

Those IPTV services that sell boxes are just like satellite payservers, they are using a real subscription then sharing it.. TSMedia does not do this, it uses free streams that have been found on the internet..

If we knew your budget we could recommend which receiver is best for you..

• I see, well guess i have to buy a box with has enigma2 receiver :)
    Hmm well so far i have no idea what my budget it since i don't even know how much they cost. Could you tell me a few that you recommend?
    And also, you mentioned that TSMedia uses free streams that have been found on the internet, can't i see which sites they use so i can see if the quality there is good or bad?

EDIT: And sorry if i ask these question, i don't mean to be annoying or anything i just want to be sure of some stuff before i purchase stuff such as the box :)

• Official Post

The link i provided in post #2 describes everything that`s available on TSMedia.. Prices for enigma2 receivers can range from £100 to £400+, so what is your budget ?

If all you are interested in is IPTV, maybe you should consider just using the links/streams for simpletv from here ==> IPTV Channel Lists / rtmp Playlist

• another alternative is using xbmc which can be used on linux,( but not enigma although there is a modded version but is not the same) mac,android ,etc....
    and by installing the right repositories( addons) you can get constant feeds of streams ,etc..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!