Why does image from other movie display

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 827 times. The last Post () by craiglivo.

• Hi guys i have managed to sort out all the correct images per film by just adding the year the film was made after the initial movie title.

But one i cannot sort out is the movie Into The West 1992 the image and the backdrop show the 2005 tv series of the same name.I have tried to go into the edit part and enter the correct url but i keep getting the green error and the box crashes.

Anyone know how to sort it.Thanks

• Official Post

The names of the movies and series are determined by the names of the movie files. The TMDb and TVDB APIs expect the exact name of the movie or the series. Each additional word leads to a missmatch or no result.
    Movie names of recordings with the box are automatically determinated by the plugin (see next item). For movies that were not recorded with the box the plugin tries to filter out not to the movie name belonging special characters like marks or brackets. Also 50+ typical scene expressions like "720p" or "x264" are filtered from the filenames.
    Nevertheless you should make sure that the filenames of movie files that were not recorded with the box are equal as possible to the movie names.
    Examples:

The Simpsons Movie.mpg
    The.Simpsons.Movie.AC3.720p.XviD.English.avi
    The.Simpsons.Movie.2007.English.DTS.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv

Try changing the title with the release date of the movie to Into The West 1992-11-11

• I tried changing the title to Into The West 1992-11-11 but to no avail,but then i pressed 2 on the remote and edited from there.

Example go to the moviebrowser press ok then go to the movie that needs to be edited,press 2 on the remote and edit the movie in the top box : Into The West 1992 then it displayed both images,the 1992 one and 2005 one.Scroll to the one you need and press ok.Job done.

Excellent plugin and would be perfect if there was a way to enter images that were not on the TMDB database!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!