VFD / LCD Display on STB is dim HELP!!!

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,156 times. The last Post () by gerinemo.

• Hi,

I am having a problem with the front panel display on the Alien 2 tripple tuner.

For some reason the VFD/LED on the front of the box has gone really dim, so dim infact that its difficult to see even when your inches away from it.

I have tried re-flashing spark to no avail and also in enigma I tried to use the front panel display feature to no avail.

I even did a factory reset to no avail.

It went dim yesterday and when I went into a menu it worked properly, but today it just stays dim no matter what I do.

Can anyone please please advise me on how to fix this problem.

Thanks
    Willy B

• Seems your not alone
    just reading on Boards.ie ( sorry Cant post a link @ work ) Amiko Alien thread page 36 Hallo Dare having same issue display panel gone
    He has posted some pictures and been in touch with supplier and his box is out of warranty but supplier will supply replacement board for €20
    Looks like a straight forward job to swap out 2 ribbon cables

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!