[How-To] Update Bootloader On Xpeed LX-1 & LX-2

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,918 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Official Post

Latest Bootloader For Xpeed LX-1
    Latest Bootloader For Xpeed LX-2
    - Download the correct Bootloader for your Xpeed.
    - Extract the file with WinRAR or 7-Zip..
    - Format a USB flash drive to FAT32.
    - Copy the folder "xpeedlx" to the USB flash drive (in the folder contains the following files: cfe.bin, force and image version)..
    - Turn off the receiver at the mains switch on the back..
    - Open the front flap on the box and connect the USB stick to the front USB port..
    - Turn the receiver on again via the rear power switch and the flash process starts. Now the bootloader has been upgraded!
    - During this procedure, do not turn off the receiver! If the flash process finished, the display shows "please remove USB stick and reboot".
    - Now remove the USB stick and restart the Xpeed.

• Nice one , i got my new Lx2 from Germany yesterday and the boot image on it is pretty basic with the Golden interstar logo and a web address and thats it, so i will be installing this tonight and an image at a later stage..Quick question for you
    is there a quick way to go from the terrestrial tuner to the sat tuner without going into the menus....didnt have much time with the box last night to play around with it but the only way i could get into the sat chns was to go into the fav menu and scroll down to *** uk , al so i wouldnt mind being able to rearrange this satellite list or even make my own lists if this is possible so any advice would be great....thanks

• Better off to flash image first then install the linuxsat addons plugin.
    There are very good channel lists there.
    Probably have to scan for terestrial but its easy to add them to your bouquets.
    scroll to the channel you want to add and press the menu button.
    Add channel to bouquet and choose which bouquet you want.
    The channel will now be placed at the end of that bouquet.
    If you then want to move it to , lets say the start, just go into that bouquet and press the menu button and enable move mode. Scroll to channel, press ok and you will see that it grabs it and places it anywhere you scroll to within that bouquet. Hit ok again to release it into your desired position.

• great stuff codar , thats exactly what i want to be able to do and hopefully i will get around to this over the weekend....i will install the bootloader first , then the image i.e PKT GI Xpeed LX-1 & LX-2 E2 HYPERION V4 IMAGE and then the linuxsat addons plugin...which one do i install is it the top one i.e mips32el.ipk or the bottom one i.e mipsel.ipk, ftp and how do i install this , what does ... ftp the file to /tmp then install manually from your images addon manager......mean exactly and how do i do this presuming i have got the bootloader and image installed , i know they are probably stuipid questions to you but as you know i am new to all this linux , enigma2 , images etc etc and somebody else might learn apart from me just from reading this so all help is appreciated .

i didnt think i would be installing anything last night as the box kept rebooting every 7 miutes , kept getting a message ...we are really sorry, your reciever encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted.....

i checked the logfile which i had to photograph as it only stayed on the screen for 5 seconds or so and it said ...not enough diskspace for timeshift ( less than 200mb )

i updated the software online and it seems to be ok now so i was holding off on installing the bootloader , image etc in case i had to send the box back but i presume a factory reset would delete all changes i have made to the box if i have to ever send it back , dont know if this is correct or not , anyway it seems to be ok now so i can start installing all this stuff over the weekend but no doubt i will be back with more questions....thanks again for the advice...

• You should probaly install an image of choice first, I have installed hyperion in the past and found it to be stable but there are a few images for this receiver about.
    The linuxsat addons mips32el.ipk is the one.
    Ftp it to tmp folder and from receiver ,install manually from addons manager (blue button as far as i can remember).
    You will need a programme such as dcc or filezilla to ftp the linuxsat addons ipk to your receiver from your pc. (use the google search at top right of page to find it.)
    You will need to connect and mount a hdd for timeshift, picons, epg etc.

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!