openATV 4.1 Amiko Alien 2, Golden Media Triplex backup.

There are 71 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 17,986 times. The last Post () by digweed.

• Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.1 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This is a game changer image for these boxes.
    Build with OE-A 2.2
    many many more Plugins
    complete identical Linux and folder struture like all mipsel boxes
    online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes
    rework drivers less e2 hacks needed
    VFD Diskplay now fully skinned with e2 hardware depend
    complete fresh Build all tools and linux from July 2014 no more old libs and binarys

Full Feature openATV Image

Full Online Feed

all Source are open Source for all every can build where own image

thanks to all SH4 Developer
    thanks to Duckbox-Developer
    thanks to TDT Duckbox Team
    thanks to Project magpie

and all plugin devs
    Enjoy!

This image is working with the following:

AutoBouquets July 2014 version (I have tweaked this to suit people who use receivers for FREE to Air and Free to View channels. Free to view require active card in top slot. Insert upside down)
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    Alternate softcam Manager
    Ondemand Full Version Now includes TV3 player
    Remotechannelstreamconverter
    Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 7.5
    MediaPortal.
    And Much More!

Installation instructions

1. Unplug USB Stick from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup in spark.
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.

Backup Link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/un0…AACt507f3lt0S641mC5ylStsa

• Always set on 1080 never have this prob before as always run open atv on other boxes but open atv says that this is still to be addressed and sorted asap.

• yes the cable side works, also whats the problem with the osd, id check your zoom tv settings first or if you have a 1080p tv try changing the box settings from 720p to 1080p

Reason I was asking is in my area Smallworld Media has just been taken over a few months ago by VM and still waiting to see if the cable side has been activated yet any way this can be done because when in spark when I try a cable scan, on the bottom of the menu for L and Q only the L is showing up Q has nothing at all.

• popss, you have to set the correct settings (Net ID / FREQ) for your area then you will get a signal.

Yep got them but still nothing Did get some bumph in last week from VM saying all the upgrades to the system should be completed shortly could be thats why not having any luck.

Never used a cable box before so lot more reading to do on setting up cable side.

• cable in spark is a pain to get, in enigma2 its a lot easier, just need a good cable.xml with all tp in ,or use autobouquets for cable

Right had a look at setup of cables coming into house, outside there is a splitter as a few years ago had an extension upstairs when previous (whitecable) decided to use modems separate from crappy boxes at the time, used a splitter inside one that had for years so did a direct connection to and now have signal on both lines and scanned but shows up as (smallworld) Getting there so have ordered a new splitter as the one I have might not be good enough and will disconnect the splitter from outside and put in a cable connector. let you know how it goes.

Any one got a cable xml as normally down one from web regular to keep it up to date. But in this case probably use as suggested auto bouquets instead

Edited once, last by popss ().

• I can't get the softcams working and teletext.

Teletext is now fixed but i need still to get my cams stay working its now sayin no cam 1 active no cam 2 active

any one solved this or know a fix?

Edited once, last by TRIPLEX ().

• Is it possible to use ccam on this or am I supposed to be using Oscam? I am unable to download form the softcam page - no emu's show when I select download

Internet connection to the box is confirmed

Any ideas?

Thanks

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!