Nbox Enigma 2

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 801 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi,

I want to install the new *** TV guide and I believe that I need an OS enigma 2… can this be installed on any Nbox? I am thinking of buying one of ebay to play around with.

I want a good all-around sat box maybe an nbox is a good starting point. Is Enigma 2 the best around!!!

Regards,

• It can only be installed on the 5800s and 5800sx if it has alreday been modified to accept Enigma. Buying one that hasn't been modified will be pretty much useless unles you can read polish, have the necessary software and cables and are quite handy with a soldering iron.

To be honest for the difference in cost i would just get one that has already been modified, you can get them off ebay for as little as £60 all in.

Its not a bad receiver for the money but if you are intending to use it for CS i would look at spending a bit more and get a receiver which uses a MIPS cpu rather than a SH4 one like the nBox uses. The nBox is quite limited in what you can do with it. There are ony a few images available for them and they can only use OSCam or MGCamd. CCam wil not run on this box.

Nano

• Hi there,

Thanks for the advice... I have just brought one of E-bay so I can play around with it. I would be looking to buy a Dream-Box 800HD!!! You say that their are images available does this include everything I need? to re-flash the box i.e. boot-loaders plus GUI? I will have a look around for some installation guides.

Thanks,

• There are images that include EPGs that can be downloaded for the week although how well they perform i couldn't say. I run my nBox with the minimum amount of plugins i need. I run just a basic image with OSCam installed and nothing else on mine.

I find if you install loads of plugins on this box that it becomes slugish and unreliable.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!