I need some help with my dreambox

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,890 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• Hello everyone i have a dreambox dm500s i am in barbados and here we use 119w but recently the box went down i get full epg but no video or audio and i would like a fix so i can get back to my usual tv watching is there anyone that can help me with this please im begging

• Please understand the more info you give the more somebody might be able to help.
    for example is it a dreambox(original) or a dm500s ( clone) which image ,which emulator, is it a local card or from a peer ??
    What have you tried so far? what did you add/change/unistall/install before it happened?

• well it is running pli-Jade-dm500-20090627-6494 image it is free to air and the box is a dm500s i get signal i get channels i get epg but no picture the cam i think is ccam 2.1.1

• well if you are only using it for FTA then there´s no need for any cam emulator at all...
    so I would suggest to check all connection cables,box config and tv config ..
    when you say no picture :
    can you see the dm image menus?
    Have you tried plugging in anything else via your euroconnector/scart to tv or tried another one??

• ok the box is connected to the internet and satellite i can view all menus and even the epg loads full tv guide and signal just black screen no sound either everything is the same as i recieved the box

• in post # 5

it is free to air

Look above the CCcam 2.2.1...
    it shows N which means you are trying to open a subscription channel ( encrypetd Nagravision) which is not going to open if you only wanted FTA as you wrote in your post #5...
    If you want to view this channel then you need an uptodate subscription card or a shared line from a friend/peer.

• well, usually one peer ( you ) has one card and wants to share with another peer with another card ,that way both of you can enjoy both cards.
    So you need to find somebody who is in/on your side of the world and willing to share with you...
    I would imagine though that it will be next to impossible because most nagravision cards are next to impossible to share...
    By explaining this I am in no way condoning the use of cardsharing as it may be a criminal offence ( or not in your country)

• hellow . your problem is very common on dreambox. You must simply change your power cord. You know the cord that gives power to the dreambox.
    I had the same problem and i flashed it about 4 times till someone told me what to do.

• hellow . your problem is very common on dreambox. You must simply change your power cord. You know the cord that gives power to the dreambox.
    I had the same problem and i flashed it about 4 times till someone told me what to do.

How is that going to open ppv channels buddy???
    The box turns on, shows image but doesn´t open the ppv channels, that´s all...

• How is that going to open ppv channels buddy???
    The box turns on, shows image but doesn´t open the ppv channels, that´s all...

he may be correct because i had an issue before and when i changed the power cable it was showing until that cable began giving trouble and im using another one now it may be the issue but not sure

• Power supply issues are very common on dm500/800 units although faulty psu units usually mean the tuner wont play ball at all with total loss of signal or failure to power up which you do not appear to have...is there no free to air channels on that satellite which offer video?

Old pc monitor power supply units are the best ones to use on these boxes..if you have one that fits try it.

Another thing you should check is whether your newcamd/cline has not given up the ghost..i assume you have a copy of your CCcam.cfg/and or server details before you started flashing the unit?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!