Freesat / IPTV combo?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,799 times. The last Post () by Pyongyang.

• Hi all

I am looking to replace my sub to a well known satellite company. I want to keep the existing mini dish and replace the stb with something that I can get freesat (youview is no good for me).

I would also like to have the option of switching the box over, or merging in to the freesat epg (or similar) some IPTV sports and the Barca TV channels etc.

Is there a good solution for this? I have legit Bein Sports and Star Sports subs which I would like to integrate if at all possible.

Finally I have a Logitech Harmony One remote. If I could use the stb etc with this that would be brilliant. Needs to be family friendly too for non-tech heads in the family!

Thanks a lot for any help in advance. :)

• Are you down near the canal??? I see your predicament...
    The solo2 would be the biz for you,,
    also I´ve never heard of anyone having probs with a motorised 110 dish,,
    just look around where you live ,, I know the area very well !!!!

• Nah. More 'wife approval' and mainly to keep costs down. For the inital setup I am just after FTA on 28e and IPTV with the ability to use my legit Bein Sports etc. The Vu+ Solo 2 seems to fit the bill. I am more concerned about how to integrate my apps. Streaming, Plex etc.

No canals near me though. I am in Dublin. :)

• Remember that RTE or any Irish tv is FTA so a way round that could be a usb DTT tuner..or another LNB + dish..
    IPtv works very well on my Vu+ UNO + DUO2,,it might seems daunting at the beginning but just takes getting used to installing ,etc...
    They are not "apps" but "plugins" ...
    Buddy,, every Dub knows that no matter whereever you wander,
    you´ll fall into the Grand or Royal canal at least once in your lifetime,whether pushed or pulled!!!

• The Vu+ Solo 2 arrived yesterday from Satnet.ee and it checks out as genuine. Hurrah!

I put OpenVix on it. Set up streaming and put dreamplex on it which works great. Plays files with DTS-MA like a champ! Better than when I used the Plex app and Chromecast.

My channels are a mess though. It has these bouquet things all over it and I cant get any IPTV stuff to work apart from sports channel in Thailand under some plugin called TS Media? Bit stuck now. I really wanted to add my Star Sports subscription from the browser (Opera wont play flash though) or the Android app.

Any ideas anyone? Love the box so far though! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!