dm800 error message when connecting usb?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,786 times. The last Post () by dman14.

• Hi guys has anyone encountered a message like this when connecting a usb to a dm800. This is the message I get when I try initialize the usb stick: Error: warning could not determine physical sector size for /dev/sda. Using the logical sector size (512). Error partitions 16, 17 , 18... upto 64 on /dev/sda have been written but unable to inform kernel of change, probably because in use. As a result old partitions will remain in use. You should reboot before making further changes.

I have tried the same usb stick in a different dreambox and works fine.

Note: I have a similar thread but it was moved to plugin support but I dont consider the problem to be with the plugin so I dont think it is in the relevant area. I think I might of unmounted incorrectly and affected drivers or something but I think if the the thread is in a more relevant area I might be more successful in receiving feedback.

• Sorry forgot to add. I have run into the same problem with a different stick. Besides the stick work fine in another dm800? After encountering this problem I then tried the same usb stick when I confirmed it worked in the other dreambox and the same error comes up.

• Ya that was my last resort. Was hoping guys may have encountered it on here and might of had ideas before i needed to reflash. Since I cant initialize the hdd is there another way I can save the settings so I dont have to manual store satellites again?

• If you can FTP int othe box then copy all your personal configs.. dont know which image you have on but try in etc/tuxbox and etc/enigma2 folders..
    In your last post you say initialize HDD,, but I though a usb stick was your problem¿?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!