eircom broadband and ts media

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,035 times. The last Post () by niall_b73.

• hi all, i have recently had to change my broadband providers and i am now with eircom broadband in the rep of ireland.

my question is:
    i no that eircom have banned access to certain torrent sites but that there are ways to combat this.
    what i am not sure of is that when i try to play a link or download a movie via tsmedia it says "unable to get link" straight away.
    so i am wondering is this down to eircom banning torrent sites or could it be a fault at my end ??

all help greatly appreciated and many thanks,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• i had no internet for about a month and just got eircom on today
    i plugged in the box and updated tsmedia to the latest version (i always thought it was "movies 24" where i watched/downloaded the movies from but all i see now is movies 25 !!)
    anyway i just plugged in the box and updated it but cant seem to watch movies or download them.

i am not using a proxy and it is ts media 7.8 full

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• upgrade to 7.9 beta 2 should solve ur problem.

• upgrade to 7.9 beta 2 should solve ur problem.

i went on to ts panel to look for 7.9 and it said that it was already installed and only gave me the option to remove it !!

also just for the hell of it i typed primewire web addy into my pc and was able to play movies no problem so would this mean that the movies are not actually blocked ?

so could it in fact be a problem at my end ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• on further analysis i have got one movie to play from the movie/cartoon section but it will not let me download

any ideas ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• so i am kinda confused here.
    i got the latest tsmedis on wed night and it worked like a dream, i could watch movies and i could download them as well which i did.
    soo.... the next day i went back into tsmedia amd yet again i am unable to watch or download any movies.

when it was working fine it was shockshare that seemed to play/download the best.

i go to the same sites on my pc and my pc will play the movies from the sites but not from my box.

what am i missing here, its driving me crazy.
    any ideas please.

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• Instead of going crazy why not uninstall that version and intall a previous working version ,??

will do and cheers for that.
    but what i want to no is would i still need to setup proxy if i can access the same sites on my pc that i cannot on my vu solo ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• well i just downgraded to a previous ts media and it is playing some movies but still wont download them.
    i get as far as the active download screen and the movie title appears for about 3/4sec and then just disappears ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!