Cloud ibox 2 plus and 3 jenseneverest backup openATV 4.2 with multiboot for 10 image

There are 52 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,834 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Official Post

hi ebob86 ..is there any danger of brickin the box with the wrong bootloader ,i have used the new bootloader from the cloudvix site ,,,the box is ok and working well ..but would like to flash with this image ..but no sure to go ahead ,,just in case ..thanx for any reply...jtsm

Read the first post carefully. I have included a clone safe bootloader that works on all versions of the plus and 3......If you are not sure what motherboard you have use the clone bootloader.
    Credit to Jacek for compiling this bootloader.

• This bootloader worked for me matey only thing I can suggest if your working well dont change there not easy things to work with these Cloud Ibox's lol but all worked for me and I never got bricked but remember anythink uploaded and put on to your own box is at own risk but I struggled to get anything to work and the guide really helped me, up to you is all I can say

• I flashed a couple of images the old way last night and the image seemed to big for the screen until I tried this method I followed the guide and works perfect, if you know the old method wouldnt see a problem in trying this and if dont get on go back to what you have

• anyone know where i put my cccam.cfg with this image as im having real trouble with my subscription to work, i used to just stick the file in the /etc folder, do i have to put it somewhere specific now?

cheers

- - - Updated - - -

ive sorted it! i need to learn to read lol, cheers

- - - Updated - - -

anyone know how i can update tsmedia with the green screen coming up and the box restarting?

cheers

• trouble with my subscription to work,
    sound like pay subscription to payserver .rules.

• superb bit of kit mate well done. just a couple of questions if ok. when i update th software my channel list goes beserk or lifestyle and culture catergorie is empty. any ideas why?

also on demand wont work keeps saying not available on ps3.

thanks in advance

• Official Post

Hi, will this work on cloud ibox 4?

No it wont work, as far as i am aware the cloud ibox 4 is a clone of a VU receiver..... (they also cloned the cloud ibox name....)
    VU clones are not supported on this forum.

• I also can not get past the part where it says the following:

===========================================================
    ofgwrite will stop enigma2 now to run the flash.
    your STB will freeze during the flashing process,
    please: DO NOT reboot your STB and turn off the power.
    the image or kernel will be flashing and auto booted in a few minutes.

Execution finished!!
    =========================================================

I have tried everything, you said but it still gets that far and stops!

I used the non genuine bootloader because I am unsure if my Ibox is genuine, (how can I tell if it is?)

maybe if i use the genuine bootloader will it work??? (or will it brick??)

Pitty cause this backup does look good!

any help would be great. thanks.

• I got to this stage and panicked, but after about 20 mins I pressed 'menu' and realised the box hadn't bricked! (already had it do that once updating openPli4)

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, can anyone help me remove this firmware? I am used to the OpenPLi4 image and can't seem to reinstall it at boot :S, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• well that wasa disaster...

I get at far as:

ofgwrite will stop enigma2 now to run the flash.
    your STB will freeze during the flashing process,
    please: DO NOT reboot your STB and turn off the power.
    the image or kernel will be flashing and auto booted in a few minutes.

Execution finished!!

The box does nothing beyond that, I try reloading bootloader and different image and nothing works.. i see couple of people with the same issue on here and the whole forum has gone quiet. my box is useless to me now, so thanks for zilch.

• I bought a cloud ibox se version last week I bricked the first one and then got another one and tried this flash procedure, The first one I updated the bootloader and it bricked the box, the next one I didnt touch the bootloader and just uploaded the software and it worked

• i guys am a newbie but have bought a cloud ibox 2 plus so looking for some advise cheers topchippyles

• i guys am a newbie but have bought a cloud ibox 2 plus so looking for some advise cheers topchippyles

There is a couple of versions, check what box you got first be careful, if you have se version dont completly follow this guide, both box's are different
    can check pictures on the main support forum for this style of box, when i say main support forum the cloud-ibox net, then come back mate i try and talk you through

Edited 2 times, last by ebob86 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!