the collapse of prismcube

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,004 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• to marusys prismcube team

the receiver has been appeared full year ago, but its problems did not end. Moreover, moving the supporting team in preparation for the new receiver "jet", which means abandoning the current receiver who did not achieve success. Resounding failure. I do not think people will accept the new purchase of the company that disparage people. Proverb: Do not bite one, twice shy

• I remember seeing these boxes being advertised but i never ever looked into them...what were they exactly? if they were closed source type boxes then its a case of taking your chances like all other units of their type !

• xbmc pvr twin tuner, made by vu+ parent company marusys.
    mostly opensource with image from BH too.

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• The prismcube was never going to be hit with the awfully low support it had from image teams, not even the mighty BH can go it alone in a market such as this. Also Vu+ have a pretty horrible track record when it comes to supporting image teams so don't expect that to change with the newer boxes.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• The Prismcube Ruby is a 1st generation XBMC4STB device. I think if you buy into anything 1st generation that is taking things wholesale into another direction you have to be patient. Amiko A3 is another device.

If you understand the scope of what a converged XBMC device offers you can see the sense of the direction. Although it may not be the 'mature' product some may be seeking now there is still immense potential.

For the most part in the EU it is known as the AB-IP Prismcube. The Jet will have more horsepower. AB-IP have their own images and BH continue to support it. Other teams such as Pli (or Pli spin off images) have not really been involved.

• For the most part in the EU it is known as the AB-IP Prismcube. The Jet will have more horsepower. AB-IP have their own images and BH continue to support it. Other teams such as Pli (or Pli spin off images) have not really been involved.

Sorry but your first generation argument does not hold water, the XBMC community is as large if not more and as mature if not more than Enigma2, just look at the many many XBMC support forums for proof of that. The prismcube has been a unmitigated disaster in terms of support received weather you want to admit it or not. As for the BH image that you continually rave about, that is nothing more that a OI with a new skin.

without support from other teams the JET will be just as much a disaster if not more as users are scared away from spending their hard earned cash on a receiver where it's predecessor failed so spectacularly to gain any real support and thats what matters here.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I was gonna buy te vu+2 but but thought that would be another t go 1st .
    sickens ya humax 5400, echostar 3000/3600 , ip9000 na the cuberevo . I reckon dreambox next or is that just gonna be another waste of my pretty little pennies

• Sorry but your first generation argument does not hold water, the XBMC community is as large if not more and as mature if not more than Enigma2, just look at the many many XBMC support forums for proof of that.

Sorry, but you seem to be contradicting yourself ?

As you say XBMC is a larger and mature community which is exactly why the direction for converged products such as the Prismcube. It's a 1st generation product that has adapted XBMC to work for the satellite domain or conversely adapted a satellite receiver to work in the XBMC domain. The result was XBMC4STB and this was/is a first.

The Amiko A3 is another product produced in a similar vein and there are many others in development right now. The early boxes as with anything 1st gen undoubtedly has some issues (we've all been there)

As was with Linux to begin with, many could not get their head round why Linux at that time as well. Ultimately if being an early adopter is not your thing, then better spend your money elsewhere.

Edited 2 times, last by ekkostar ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!