Is the A3 gonna be a flop?

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,950 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Alright lads,
    Whats the latest on the A3?
    I dumped mine back in the box hoping for the devs to come up with a decent emu i.e. Oscam,Mgcamd etc.
    Looks like the progress is pretty slow and the other thread is gone off in a tangent and now focused on addons and plugins.
    Can anybody here say that they are running oscam without any trouble......and if so please share the info.
    These boxes wont sell!! plus the sponsor here should look into it or rattle a few cages and get a push on with regard to any fixes.
    It would be a shame to see a breakthrough box like the A3 go down the route of the TM HD series and flop......not very good for Amikos reputation either.
    Freck

• Overall a good android box but as sat box ...:53_002: Oscam has been a problem from day 1. You would think there would be a stable release by now but nothing. So to say disappointed in understatement. Hopefully soon - has to be affecting sales.

• Again another car crash of a receiver from Amiko, it makes you wonder why they bother. You would have thought they would have learned from the Alien 2. I was hoping this box would be OK but if its main purpose for being isn't been fulfilled then its bit pointless. I'm glad i held off from buying one now.

Nano

• Again another car crash of a receiver from Amiko, it makes you wonder why they bother. You would have thought they would have learned from the Alien 2. I was hoping this box would be OK but if its main purpose for being isn't been fulfilled then its bit pointless. I'm glad i held off from buying one now.

Nano

pretty much nothing wrong with the Alien 2 now, mine works like a dream.

The Oscam glitch on the A3 is frankly ridiculous as is the lack of an EPG, you would have thought that these too areas were pretty much a priority but hey ho.

• Not a flop as it is the best received I had so far after Dreambox, Cuberevo, Vu+ Duo and Qviart Undro.....with the right oscam.server settings the emu is working well and stable and a new version has been published today :)

• If the measure of 'success' is a stable emulator then it's really a bit too early to say the A3 is a flop. The remote on this thing seems wonderful and if you've used XBMC it represents a welcome stride beyond Linux.

XBMC based satellite receivers have a lot going in their favour and I would suspect it's only a matter of time. The price to performance ratio amongst other things will probably be one of the hard to beat areas.

• Not a flop as it is the best received I had so far after Dreambox, Cuberevo, Vu+ Duo and Qviart Undro.....with the right oscam.server settings the emu is working well and stable and a new version has been published today :)

link? Also what settings need tweaking?

Edit: found link. Still no different to me currently.

Can you post your oscam.server file so we can try it for ourselves please.
    Also tell us which version of oscam your using
    Thanks

• 1) Use your internet browser and go to yourboxip:8888
    2) Login using "oscam" and "oscam" for user and password
    3) Go to "Files" and select "oscam.server" from the menu

Copy/paste the text below using your values:

Sample Ccam line :

C: test.dummy.org 12005 1ZnKhp75 o76yddkfrr

"Oscam.server" must be :

[reader]
    label = Dummy
    protocol = cccam
    device = test.dummy.org,12005
    account = 1ZnKhp75, o76yddkfrr = 1ZnKhp75
    password = o76yddkfrr
    inactivitytimeout = 30
    keepalive = 1
    group = 1
    cccversion = 2.1.1

Save and restart Oscam using the web interface of Oscam. Login again and go to Oscam/Config/Loadbalancer. Form the drop down select " 1- Fastet Reader First". Save and restart Oscam.
    This is how I did and I'm using the latest Oscam.apk ( 0.5.4, build 1.25 )

• pretty much nothing wrong with the Alien 2 now, mine works like a dream.

I had a bit of spare cash in my PayPal account and have since purchased another Alien 2 to see if it has actually got any better. I'm not holding my breath if i'm totally honest. Don't think i'll be going anywhere near the Alien 3 for a good while though.

Nano

• For me Works Fine Oscam is set up like you posted before. I use good server lines without any problem at all. Maybe one cut in the picture in an hour. So I cannot be dissapointed with the box. I put developer firmware *57. I think .59 is still a bit buggy.
    For me OScam no works very well anyway. I come from dreambox and always was atruoble emu. I prefer cccam because is more stable a fast.
    Unfortunately Is not been written for Android.

• I had a bit of spare cash in my PayPal account and have since purchased another Alien 2 to see if it has actually got any better. I'm not holding my breath if i'm totally honest. Don't think i'll be going anywhere near the Alien 3 for a good while though.

Nano

Run it with OpenA TV image, get a crash maybe once or twice a month and usually only when I'm messing around with the EPG. Other than that it works as it should with no problems for me.

• It has come on since i last owned one, although its still a bit flaky compared to my Broadcom boxes. I settled on the Open ARP image in the end.

Nano

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers. Discuss everything related to Amiko here. Includes Kodi, MCAS, Oscam, Amiko A3 firmware, Amiko 3 Combo firmware, Amiko A4 firmware and OpenATV, OpenSPA and PurE2 images for Amiko A5 and A6 models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!