XBMC on Golden Interstar LX2..

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,273 times. The last Post () by gg69me.

• Hi Guys
    i recently got an Lx2 and got it up and running thanks to a very obliging friend of mine....not wanting to keep hassleing him , i was wondering if i can get xbmc working on this box....reading through other forums i came across this ...... File Type: ipk enigma2-plugin-extensions-xbmcaddons_8.0_r0_all.ipk (1.77 MB, 94 views)

would this work on my box ?
    Do i just download the file and ftp it using dcc to a folder on the lx2 and manually install using the blue button , am i on the right track or not ?
    i have installed the plugin TS MEDIA 7.8 but i think there is a version 7.9 out but it wasnt on my download list so i installed this one and it has some of the xbmc addons but none of them work even though i have iptv stations working on another plugin.....also how do i uninstall a plugin that dosent work as hitting the red button to remove a plugin dosent seem to work so i imagine they are in some folder somewhere but being a rookie with this box i have no idea where....Any advice please...thanks

• Try Ftp to temp folder and manually install from blue button

ok thanks , so do i take it that any ipk file will work on enigma 2 and they are not dependant on what image is installed ..also how do i delete/uninstall a plugin that dosent work as the red button option to remove them dosent work , are they stored in one of the foldersthat i can go into and delete as there is no point keeping plugins that dont work imo or do they clog up the system and slow it down ....thanks

• Official Post

mipsel.ipk or mips32el.ipk won`t install on an sh4/spark type receiver, you need sh4.ipk or all.ipk.

If there is no option to remove in the image menu, look in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and delete the plugin folder..

Too many plugins will fill your flash memory and slow the receiver to a halt. Try PluginSkinMover to free up flash memory..

• mipsel.ipk or mips32el.ipk won`t install on an sh4/spark type receiver, you need sh4.ipk or all.ipk.

If there is no option to remove in the image menu, look in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and delete the plugin folder..

Too many plugins will fill your flash memory and slow the receiver to a halt. Try PluginSkinMover to free up flash memory..

There is an option to remove a plugin by hitting the RED button but when i hit the RED button it dosent do anything and the plugin is still there...i will have a look in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and delete the plugin and also have a look at that pluginskinmover as above....thanks

• i installed the pluginskinmover and it works great to move all the plugins etc to my hard drive and keep the internal memory of the box nice and clear and also managed to delete the plugins that dont work or only half work so thanks for that ... installed the xbmc plugin also thanks to codar instructions and it more or less works but slower than my android box but not to worry but i actually found that TS MEDIA 7.9 gets to the links much faster and have more or less the main xbmc addons anyway....is it possible to install a web browser like , chrome or firefox , opera etc on this box and would i need an external keyboard to type into the search engine or can it be done by the remote control...thanks

• i have only got my xpeed lx2 box with a few weeks so i am learning all about this stuff from this forum and the great help of the moderators and other members and i dont mind asking the questions that might make me look stuipid as i believe that when i am getting answers to my questions others will also learn as i have done just from reading the various threads and posts on this site...we all have to start somewhere...enjoy your box

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!