New Solo2 not much of an idea what I'm doing :(

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 748 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Hi all,

Just wondering rather than me ask a million irritating questions on setting my box up is there a newbie section for the Solo2 with openvix installed?

I've managed to install my hard drive and have searched and picked up all the stations I can for my fixed satellite but the list is in a bit of a muddle. I have googled and seen the same issue with people setting their boxes up with a version like *** which is what I would be after but I'm not really too sure how to go about it.

Is it something the box can download direct from the web? I have connected and configured it up or do I have to download a file onto a USB via my PC and then upload it into the machine?

Sorry to ask a mundane question but I've been playing with the set up for hours and can't figure it out. I also set it so that the channels that I can't get don't list but they still show in the epg.

Appreciate any help or further pointers. I'm more than happy to have a read up but I can't seem to find anything that explains it fully. Either that or my lack of sleep just means I've not spotted it.

Cheers :)

• you can get a channel list from here http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 all the editing and sorting is done for you
    i use the vhannibal ones but the choice is yours, you will need a channel list editor to upload it to your box http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=299 , its very similar to a ftp client so i f you can use one of them you should have no problems
    i use dreamboxedit but thats up to you which one you pick
    remember to reboot the box afterwards

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

Edited once, last by multipack ().

• Lucky for you buddy that Vix already has installed AutoBouquetsMaker (menu/setup/service searching/AutoBouquetsMaker)

Follow the tutorial attached which was written by phoenix a member of the ViX team on how to set it up.......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Cheers for the link. Here's the stupid question though :) the channel list editor is that something I download direct onto the box from the box?

I'm guessing I download from the link onto my USB via my PC. Pop it into the Solo and then use the channel list editor which would be installed on the box to upload.

Or do I need to download both onto a USB and then onto the solo?

Sorry for the questions...

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for the link. Here's the stupid question though :) the channel list editor is that something I download direct onto the box from the box?

I'm guessing I download from the link onto my USB via my PC. Pop it into the Solo and then use the channel list editor which would be installed on the box to upload.

Or do I need to download both onto a USB and then onto the solo?

Sorry for the questions...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah cheers McKee much appreciated!

• download the channel list editor to your pc then in the options enter your vu solo's ip address and username and password then you can send the new list to the box

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• Blinky
    For setup new list use the program " dreamboxEdit" look on YouTube how to do ..!!! It's easy , and list you can download from any web... For E2 ..

• Blinky
    For setup new list use the program " dreamboxEdit" look on YouTube how to do ..!!! It's easy , and list you can download from any web... For E2 ..

You should look a little closer as to what is on site already......
    Why the need for searching the web when the best lists are already here on site Forum: Enigma2 Channel List Download or directly from our addons [DOWNLOAD] Linuxsat-Support-Addons
    as for setting up dreambox edit it´s already HERE : Tutorial - How to use DreamboxEdit

• May I butt in here? First and foremost you need an image, then follow the guide by Pheonix after you have setup your tuners. You also need to input your Latitude and longitude, (where you are living, 'Satfinder 'is ideal for this. (There is on this forum a VU+ Solo2 Setup that can be downloaded). If you have a static dish, pointing to Astra 28 S** UK you need an upto date channel list. That can be found @ 'Settings' on this forum, this will give you just Astra 28 or anything from 75E-61W, that's a lot of sats. When you come to; Menu, Setup System, go through the VU+ Solo2 Setup.

Hope this is of some assistance

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• He already has an image installed
    He has got a static dish

Sorry about that Cazuela. He needs to setup System and Service Searching then. I use VU+ Toolbox for ipk files and settings files find it a lot easier.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!