Usb Cardreader

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,578 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• Hi thanks for a great forum. Just wondered if someone could help i have set up an old dell optiplex pc with debian 6 and CCcam 2.2.1 as per instructions and it is working well i have two dreamboxes loged on local network and a blade 7000 hd loged on over in france all seems well! The problem i have is my card reader witch i just recieved usb pheonix/smarmouse ftdi set at 3.3v/pheonix/6mhz it is showing up in devices as tty/usb0 so i have set it in config:

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0

SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 3570000

BOXKEY: /dev/ttyUSB0 xx xx xx xx (as box)

TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyUSB0

It says in entitlements no card or unknown card inserted.

Do i need to have keys channel info etc to read the card? Sorry i am new to all this but learning slowly thanks for a great start so far.

This is the card reader: TBS 3102

This is the most simple and strongest card programmer in the world.The USB smartmouse/phoenix card programmer has only 1 USB port,which is used for power and data transfer.Computer will look the card reader as COM interface after installing driver.This card programmer supports 4 Crystal frequencies(3.579MHz,6MHz,8MHz and10MHz) all selectable via dip switches, both 3.3V and 5V card voltage and Phoenix/Smartmouse working mode.

It's ideal for programming, reading or writing of every smartcard iso 7816 Like M2Card, Penta VR3 Card, KnotCard1&2, GammaCard,TitaniumCard, OposCard, DragonCard, Anacondacard, TitanCard, Tita'mCard2, C***aCard and many others.

As with other phoenix programmers an RS232 (Com Port) is not required because this programmer comes with an embedded FTDI chipset that enables Com port emulation on XP,Vista, Windows 7 & Linux Operating Systems, in addition it will operate on any digital satellite receivers with USB that support FTDI chipset (e.g. Dreambox).
    Whilst software for reading/writing smartcards is not included any 3rd Party Software freely available on the internet that supports phoenix/smartmouse mode will work. Drivers for Windows XP and other major Operating Systems can be downloaded from Virtual COM Port Drivers
    Main features:
    1.Dimension: 75x60x15mm
    2.Weight: 36g
    3.Cable connection: USB for power and data transfer.
    4.Prog. Mode: Phoenix/Smartmouse
    5.Power Mode: DC 3.3V/5V shiftable
    6.Frequency: 3.579MHz / 6MHz / 8MHz / 10MHz shiftable

Specifications
    1 USB port Phoenix card Programmer
    5 Crystal frequencies(3.579MHz,6MHz,8MHz, 10MHz and 12MHz)
    3.3V and 5V card voltage

• hi there i have the same card reader and the same problem,

did you mange to sort it in the the end and if so how??

cheers

• it s simple to configure smartmouse

in console in root user write

lsusb -s

linux say " Bus 003 Device 003: ID 104f:0002 WB Electronics Smartmouse "

modprobe -r ftdi_sio
    modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x104f product=0x0002

ls -al /dev/ttyUSB*

response from terminal
    crw-rw----1 root uucp 188, 0 2008-05-08 10:59 /dev/ttyUSB0
    crw-rw----1 root uucp 188, 1 2008-05-08 10:59 /dev/ttyUSB1

cat /proc/devices | grep -i "ttyUSB"
    response from terminal
    188 ttyUSB

cat /proc/tty/driver/usbserial

0: module:ftdi_sio name:"FTDI USB Serial Device" vendor:0c52 product:2101 num_ports:1
    port:1 path:usb-0000:00:1d.1-1.2
    1: module:ftdi_sio name:"FTDI USB Serial Device" vendor:0c52 product:e402 num_ports:1
    port:1 path:usb-0000:00:1d.1-1.4

mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
    mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1

ls -al /dev/ttyUSB*
    chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB*

reboot your oscam or cccam

note

n this method is valid each redemarage sessions each machine you must repeat the manipulation al hour or day write these lines I am looking to automate the task for that it is recognized demarages

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!