Help! Vu+ Solo 2 and USB DVB-T issue...

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,452 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• Hi all. I am having problems with my Climax Digital DVT395 Dual DVBT USB stick and my Vu+ Solo 2.

I tried downloading a driver from the plugins feed in Vix and installing it, I think I have the right one IT9135X or something along those lines. Yet despite several attempts, trying different USB ports, rebooting, updating the image etc, it won't detect the stick as a tuner. It only shows the 2 DVB-S tuners and the HDD.

I bought an indoor aerial yesterday (can't have an outdoor one where I am so that's a no go). The aerial and USB stick work fine on my computer and I get crisp Saorview reception. I plug the aerial in to the TV directly via RF and again, it works fine and channels clear crystal sharp. So from that I know both the aerial and the USB stick do work.

Anyone got any advice for getting the Solo 2 to detect it? I don't want to use Black Hole because the family is used to Vix and we like that best. Can anyone help? It's doing my head in! :09:

• Well you have a problem as the Vix image has problems with dvb t tuners, hence BH is best. You could try image Openatv 4.2 and to speed things up use a backup image. I am currently using BH2.0.7 backup with a built in epg and cool tv guide and I find it brill and easy. can you say what is so easy about the vix image?

• Cheers for the info. :)

I tried BH and it did indeed detect the USB stick with no issues. However, it won't detect any channels. Got sick of trying and went back to Vix. I just prefer it being more straightforward with less 'faff' to get other things up and running. I think I might try one of those Sundeck sticks in future, I read somewhere those are supposed to work great?

• Did you set it up right ? meaning setup/service searching/tuner config/ config mode: enabled provider: Europe freqs, enable active antennae:no..
    have you got a terrestrial.xml in tuxbox?
    Did you try automatic scan : clear before scan: no , scan dvb-s2 : no , scan dvb-T: yes..
    Did you fully restart the system afterwards ?
    then find the terrestrial services at top of sat lists...( its like this in my case using catseye on BH)

• Cheers fella. Not tried that XML file yet, but will give it a shot. It still won't detect the USB stick though. Which one of the Sundtek devices is worth getting? Apparently they all work with Vix but I don't know which model is best. Are any of them dual tuner?

• You could try to install our addons panel.
    It has some popular usb tuner drivers or alternatively try another image.
    I think i remember seeing that device driver on the vix feeds (not in front of my receiver now though so can't confirm)

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!