xbmc uninstall

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,673 times. The last Post () by toonbarmy1969.

• Hi All

I have tried running kodi in the andoid side of the box and it says nompatable so there mustbe a line of code preventing kodi being installed. Xbmc and Kodi wll run on a Galaxy Note tablet ok though. Hope this helps.

grahamnov

• Hello folks. I have this box myself recently, bought it because it's an Android box with satellite / cable tuner all in one.
    Now I know a fair bit about XBMC, have been using it for some 3 years to I was eager to get my hands on this box and have a play around with it.

This box has the MIPS processor and and XBMC/KODI compatibility for this processor is not present in the original XBMC/KODI software. So as far as I know this box has a custom version of XBMC v12.2 on it.
    The 'custom' part of it is basically the following
    -support for the MIPS processor which isn't present in normal KODI/XBMC
    -satellite/cable TV tuning menus, which are also not present in the original KODI/XBMC software.
    -some other tweaks / feautures

So this is the reason why you cannot install XBMC/KODI versions 13, 14 or 15, as the processor isn't compatible

Even if you could install these versions, the custom satellite/cable TV tuning menus wouldn't be there. So I thought ok, lets keep the custom xbmc v12.2 on there, and on the side install the original Kodi v14 package on the box, but that's not possible and the installation fails half way through, because as mentioned above the processor in this box isn't compatible with original Kodi software.

The only hope of getting a newer version of Kodi onto this box is if the manufacturer (or 3rd party) makes a newer Kodi port for this box. I'm guessing the reason why the manufacturer ported xbmc 12.2 originally for this box is becuase at the time the box was released onto the market last year, 12.2 was the most current xbmc version, hence they constructed their custom version of xbmc based on 12.2.

• can anybody help i just installed a chrisb build on kodi and now my box when i restart it is stuck on an xbmc screen! how can i fix or restore this please?

• ive also had same probs when installing builds, I think its with it being built in with image, ive even tried the spinz lite buildm , got it working , but sooner or later just crashes again m think the best bet would be just sticking to installing repo;s nd add ons seems ok as long as don't over do it, I'm thinking less is best with this frustrating and brilliant box, wish somebody would do a tv list with sly numbered channels , could do my twin amiko no problem , just a case of waiting for somebody to come up with some beauties with more knowledge than me, (noob)

• Its a pity that an Enigma firmware isn't available for this box, its pretty much dead as far as XBMC/Kodi goes. It has a fairly good spec which would probably lend itself to Enigma 2 quite nicely.

Edited once, last by landfill ().

• hi, theres a new fw on site mysatbox.com but cant get line to work on it as ive tried line in same emmc folder but doesn't work, anybody help with this? please

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!