Solo red light problem - not a clone

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,140 times. The last Post () by rami.

• Hi,

I've been using my vu+ solo for years now. It's had its fair share of green / black screens and been flashed many times but has been fine until recently.

I usually work away during the week, when came home the last few weekends and turned on the solo it doesn't boot first time, there's a red led and I have to manually hit the reset button to start it. I put that down to flashing a new VIX image and ignored the problem... Until Saturday when I tried adding a new network mount, the solo crashed and now refuses to boot with the red light on constantly. The reset button does nothing, I tried flashing a new image and unplugging it - nothing has helped.

I've googled the problem and all I see are posts about clone boxes, it's definitely not a clone. I bought it from a decent place around May 2010 (were clones even out then?).

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Any help would be great, thanks.

• Before you reflashed with the latest ViX what image was running on it????

What reset button do you mean bud? never seen one on a Vu Solo......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Before you reflashed with the latest ViX what image was running on it????

What reset button do you mean bud? never seen one on a Vu Solo......

Hi, thanks for replying.

I was running VTI for ages then changed to Vix, not sure which version of VTI it was but this is in my downloads:

vuplus-image-vusolo-20131224100425_vti_6-0-5_usb.zip

I might have been using a newer one though, not sure.

There's a little black reset button on the back near the hdmi

- - - Updated - - -

vu solo with reset boton is clone

I'm sure it's not, is this not the official vu+ site with a picture of a solo with a reset button:

http://www.vuplus.com/productSolo.html

• hi have one solo for 3 years was buying original vu solo can put any image but now not working have check it and i get confirmation is clone with rest botom.

now green lite but nothing on screen tv and not conection internet

• on rear MG

- - - Updated - - -

YOU CAN TRY TO UPDATE ORIGINAL IMAGE BY RS232

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!