Network setup for different subnets

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 652 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi,
    I have a situation, where I have 2 separate networks on separate subnets (192.168.10.x , 192.168.11.x) I have internet on the 10.x network, and my vu solo2 on the 11.0 network.
    The two different subnets are joined by radios, and I have all static route set up to make sure that I can ping and access devices on the other subnet.
    I am even able to access the vu from the other network.
    So I have 2 questions.
    Firstly, does the vu solo use the same internet settings for its plugins as well as cccam, ie. do they all use the same gateway ?

secondly, how do I do my settings so that I can get the box to access the internet on my other subnet?

thanks

Simon

• Official Post

If DHCP is turned on in network settings the solo will use the gateway that was assigned by the router.. All of the network activity from plugins, CCcam etc will use this same gateway, netmask and ip address..

You can assign your own static connection settings by changing Use DHCP to No, then entering the separate subnet details.

• Thanks for the reply.

I already have dhcp off.
    the settings I am using are ip: 192.168.10.44, netmask 255.255.0.0, gateway 192.168.11.1, and dns 192.168.11.1 & 8.8.8.8

still cant get it to work.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!