Motor alignment question

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,295 times. The last Post () by hariskar.

• I try to setup my motorized dish. First time I had signal from 2 satellites and yesterday after made some changes from 7 satellites.
    I live in Greece, Kavala (40.9N, 24.4E).
    These satellites are:
    Eutelsat 10E
    Hotbird 13E
    Sirius 18E
    Astra 19.2E
    Eutelsat 21.6E
    Nilesat 7W
    ... 8W

Is it the 1st case in the attached picture? So I have to turn the whole system to the right?

Thank you!

• Only you know what you have done or not...
    Something to also consider is your geographical location whether it is possible to be inside the sat footprint
    ( meaning if you get enough signal strength )
    use dishpòinter to see if there is any possible obstruction.
    have the motor at 0º then attach the dish at dead centre of the motor and
    tighten it up leaving the motor to vertical pole mounting loose enough for adjusting , also make sure the LNB is dead vertical to the dish.
    turn the box onto an FTA channel on thor 0,8ºw, for example : Thor-6 @ 0.8 west 12418 V 28000 Al Jazeera English.
    Now turn the motpr/dish until you get the strongest signal.
    Once you have it locked on the signal, tighten the bolts of motor to the vertical pole.
    Now try out other sats, here is a list of strongest signals

• these movements apply only if you know the dish elevation is low on the easterly satellites.
    Do you get a better signal by lifting the dish slightly in the current position on east satellites your answer is yes !
    Lots of other variables apply

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• From your position 24.4E you want to be using Eutelsat 21.6e as you reference satellite.
    Lock you dish elevation scale to 41.
    Input your longitude & latitude into your usals setup on your receiver and select a channel on 21.6e.
    Go outside and move the whole dish left or right until you get a good signal, then adjust the dish elevation (not motor elevation) to maximise signal. Tighten it all up and now try other satellite channels.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll.

• Hi, with its location at 40.9N, 24.4E and, in my opinion its reference satellite Astra 3B 23.5 @ east because it has only 0.9 degrees of deviation. So tune in on Astra 3B, manually giving 0.9 degrees westward from 0 ° of the disc and fixed the satellite, the rest will come.

• i agree 23.5 is better reference point 0

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!