Looking to flash a new 84d image on DM800SE clone

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 535 times. The last Post () by nano.

• My old openPLi 2.1 image has recently started falling apart. New versions of plugins rarely work and the box has just become so fragile, green screens when trying pretty much anything other than zapping channels.

I was looking to flash an 84d image here... http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=38250 I like pli :)

My question is, I have an 84b bootloader at the moment, is it ok just to flash the image? or (as I suspect) is there a step inbetween, upgrading 84b to 84d first? I've never done that before.

I think my sim is 2.01, I'm not sure how to check or sure, it's definitely 2.something, is is crucial?

Please forgive the insecurity but the last (and only) time I did this was about 4 years ago I think, it's worked great since.

DM800SE clone
    Sim 2.01
    Bootloader ssl84b

• Just get am 84d image and flash it to the box through the webif. It will just update the bootloader as it installs.

I regularly switch between o.e 1.6 and o.e 2.0 images on mine. I just flash it to the box with no issues. If its an Se box it will probably be a sim 2.10 image.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!