isp blocking port

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,545 times. The last Post () by lacierva.

• hello all,
    last few days after problems with internet due to violent local storms i now find the port i use for cccam connections blocked, looked at everything all settings exactly the same, could it be the isp blocking the port i have forwarded and if so does anyone know a workaround ?
    thanks all

• Could it be your firewall?
    Dunno of any workaround only that you change/ring isp.
    Maybe someone else may have an idea.
    I had similar problems with isp but i am on fixed antannae wireless network (no landline)
    Only way out for me was to stump up an extra €100 for a static ip.
    Well worth it , looking back now but a pain when i was told.

• Dunno what way they have it configured in spain.
    The only way for me to open any ports was to get off the "communial" ip and have a static one assigned although it was like that from the beginning and only found out about it when i needed to open ports.
    Sounds like something different is afoot where you are and maybe they only have a temporary solution in place to provide phone/bb after the storm.
    Only way to find out is to ring em and let em know that you can't connect to your "home server/ cloud" and what seams to be the problem.
    Probably will sort itself out during the week, if something has blown etc at their end due to the weather conditions.
    I would try another router if you could get hold of one tbh.
    My brother had damage due to electrical storm last week and lost his tv, diseqc switch, vu uno and router.
    House insurance is gonna cough up though.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• Dunno what way they have it configured in spain.
    The only way for me to open any ports was to get off the "communial" ip and have a static one assigned although it was like that from the beginning and only found out about it when i needed to open ports.
    Sounds like something different is afoot where you are and maybe they only have a temporary solution in place to provide phone/bb after the storm.
    Only way to find out is to ring em and let em know that you can't connect to your "home server/ cloud" and what seams to be the problem.
    Probably will sort itself out during the week, if something has blown etc at their end due to the weather conditions.

thanks coder
    i think thats the problem a temporary fix at their end, the phone line was down the other day yet the internet was ok so i am hoping it was a temp fix their end, lost a good peer though through this :26_002:

• now checked every thing, isp is say they dont block any port, i have factory reset router, reflashed latest bh image and still ports refuse connection 80 is open but any i set up apart from that refuse connection out of ideas, :26_002:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!