Vu+ solo help please. Genuine seller

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 702 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi,

I have been looking at getting a single tuner hd sat receiver to upgrade from a terrible box I have at present. I. Am drawn towards the vu solo due to its quality in reviews etc. I am wary of buying a clone by mistake. I know you are probably not allowed to post links to sites here but can someone advise where best to pick one up. Have seen one on world of satellite but are they genuine for £ 155 and would you recommend this box? I have previously used an enigma 2 box and installed openpli. Your thoughts would be welcome .

Thanks

• Thanks for the reply. 30 extra is a lot more when compared to the technomate tm nano or octagon sf8, would you say the solo se is better than both of these receivers?

• Official Post

Thanks for the reply. 30 extra is a lot more when compared to the technomate tm nano or octagon sf8, would you say the solo se is better than both of these receivers?

I would, the solo se has a far superior choice of images / firmware available than the other 2, BlackHole, VTI, openpli just to name a few.. Receivers are only as good as the firmware you can use on them..

• Appreciate you getting back to me on this one it has helped me a lot - sort of thinking along the same lines i noticed the various images available and the support for it is far greater which is drawing me in to the solo se. One thing i was wondering about this and the lack of a mountable hdd is can you set up to record to NAS? Can you set up Picons, CrossEPG to point to the NAS as well or would this be better set up with external USB or e-sata in your opinion?

• Official Post

You can record to NAS or USB HDD. Picons can be used in internal flash or USB, i tend to store mine on USB to keep flash free for whatever plugins are used.. EPG data is recommended to be stored on USB, the data can get quiet large and depending which receiver and other plugins used can fill the flash memory quickly.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!