OSCAM Randomly Stopped Working and weird logs DM500

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,309 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I added a peer to CCCam and then rebooted the box. It came back on and said Starting OSCAM with CCCam 2.1.3 - as normal.

I tried channels and nothing would work.

I could still FTP the box and connect to the DM500 Webpanel.

I could not connect to the OSCAM webif.

I tried rebooting the box again and saw a quick error message flash up "Can't find file.../var/tuxbox..."

So I assumed that it was an OSCAM config file, I FTP the box and tried to reupload the config files and the upload for the .user file failed.

I couldn't kill OSCAM in the rush and decided to simply reflash the box. It's been fine for 24 hours since I uploaded the flash yesterday night which included reboots and restarts.

Are their any ideas as to what happened, and if it were to happen in the future, how can I find what that error actually was? Does the DM log those errors, I know OSCAM can log it's own.

Thanks,

• I say this is something possible does not mean that is what happens to you.

You may have someone, who is stealing the card, has entered the port and takes hold of your card. when that happens the result is constant reboots as you say. if you have done recently some line C or N may be that.

(a friend of mine recently did that happen)

can you do?

Close your door. oscam reinstall everything again or nlines clines but only with your card, if not restart so that you constantly oscam is a FAKE in your box, you'll have to find out clines or nlines is.

if that's resolved, you have to open another port difficult to decipher and speak with nlines clines and good to give new information about you.

Pardon my language
    I love OSCam build by lareq78

• Hello,

You've merged 2 different threads together with 2 different errors.

I am now confused as to which questions are directed at which issue.

Regarding the reboot issue, I am running OSCAM 5663.

My config files:

config:

server:

user:

Code
    [account]
    user = test1
    pwd = test2
    monlevel = 0
    uniq = 0
    group = 1,2
    au = 1
    caid = 0963
    • Official Post

You've merged 2 different threads together with 2 different errors.

These weird error logs you`ve started a new thread with will be the reason why your oscam is randomly stopping, so they are relevant to this thread.
    No need for two separate threads, fix one error and it will probably sort both problems.

• These weird error logs you`ve started a new thread with will be the reason why your oscam is randomly stopping, so they are relevant to this thread.
    No need for two separate threads, fix one error and it will probably sort both problems.

OSCAM is not randomly stopping, it only does that after I reboot the box.

These errors appeared for the first time ever yesterday afternoon, after a few weeks of OSCAM clearing my card fine.

• You need to completely remove the line from your configs, once you have look at oscam logs at startup and you will see that the boxid is read from the card.

The logs I use are from webif as no files are created in FTP.

How do you know the boxid is not being read? Sorry if this seems like I am doubting you, I'm not at all, it's just without the boxid, Premier Sports would not clear. I will try again later though, see if this time it does.

Try changing the oscam binary to a differant version and see if you still get the same errors.

I will try.

• Official Post

The logs I use are from webif as no files are created in FTP.

How do you know the boxid is not being read? Sorry if this seems like I am doubting you, I'm not at all, it's just without the boxid, Premier Sports would not clear. I will try again later though, see if this time it does.

In oscam webinfo you will see this when starting oscam

Code
    2011/09/25 11:43:55 31825B50 r [videoguard2-reader] type: VideoGuard B***B (0963), caid: 0963
    2011/09/25 11:43:55 31825B50 r [videoguard2-reader] serial: XXXXXXX, BoxID: XXXXXXXX, baseyear: 1997
    2011/09/25 11:43:55 31825B50 r [videoguard2-reader] ready for requests
  • In oscam webinfo you will see this when starting oscam

Code
    2011/09/25 11:43:55 31825B50 r [videoguard2-reader] type: VideoGuard B***B (0963), caid: 0963
    2011/09/25 11:43:55 31825B50 r [videoguard2-reader] serial: XXXXXXX, BoxID: XXXXXXXX, baseyear: 1997
    2011/09/25 11:43:55 31825B50 r [videoguard2-reader] ready for requests

So, when I remove boxid and restart, I should look for that?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!