Flashing Help

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,281 times. The last Post () by tommybo.

• Hi Guys I bought a dm800c it has sim 201 84a I havent got a clue what that means there is so much images i think I confused myself . I flashed s201 84b image to it now Im getting no ca error I'm gona try and recover it via dreamup . But I still haven't got an image to put on it any info guys. Havent been around a 800 in about 4 years .

Edit I made a backup before i flashed . it was 2 files ssl file and the back up

Edited once, last by tommybo ().

• I got the box working again with the back up i made . Although i don't like the image. I think the model is just dm800hd not SE when booting it says sim201 #84a. Is there away to find what images i can and cant flash when i first had one years ago there wasnt all this sim and boatloader stuff it was just flash image and away you go lol.

• I got the box working again with the back up i made . Although i don't like the image. I think the model is just dm800hd not SE when booting it says sim201 #84a. Is there away to find what images i can and cant flash when i first had one years ago there wasnt all this sim and boatloader stuff it was just flash image and away you go lol.

http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123

together we grow - ferdi

• Some great info there and tools . When flashing image via browser when its done how do i flash BL does it give you the option as I think thats were I went wrong . Also does it matter if images are for sat or cable Is it just a matter of updating cable.xml or will a sat image still pic up cable tuner .

• Happy days mate I will give it a bash when I get home and I will report back .

- - - Updated - - -

Ive flashed an image but there was no bootloader with it is ok to reboot. I don't want that no ca bugger back again .

• providing it was a SIM 2.01 84d image it should update the bootloader automatically when it installs the image. If its a genuine image you have used don't reboot it without updating the bootloader to suit the sim 2.01.

I regularly switch between SIM 2.10 and original images on my DM800se and have never once had to update the bootloader. I just flash the image and then switch it off, making sure to fit the correct SIM into the box before switching it back on.

Nano

• Ive been flashing like a mad man I've tried over 20 images lol . Can't find the right one or I'm having problems installing or trying to get Mgcamd to run I will keep trying .

• Which image have you tried mate?

The most stable image i found on my old DM800HD was one of the EDG Nemesis images. Providing you add the extra.url into VAR/ETC you can download the emu from the blue button.

Give it a try. Just make sure you don't do an online image update if its a sim 2.01 box as it will try to install the correct genuine bootloader which will result in a no CA error. Some of the older O.E 1.6 images do run better than the O.E 2.0 images due to the limitations of the receivers cpu and memory.

Nano

• I will give it a bash tomorrow im knackered I tried most of the first page I think its Gemeni 5.1 on it but kept getting probs with ts green screening . I will give that image a bash tomoorow mate.

• TS can be downloaded from the Extra url so you halfway there :thumb:

• Ive got a nemesis image on it I installed extra url and got what I was looking for cheers mate the image is rock solid so far. Just have to find ned id for belfast or hex converted one for Autobouq's as I keep geting Net id errors when i run it as Belfast seems to be missing from the list tried getting it via pvr_epg by teleneting

dvbsnoop -n 500 0x10 >/tmp/10.txt
    dvbsnoop -n 500 0x11 >/tmp/11.txt.

But it keeps throwing up an errorr

line 1: syntax error: unexpected.

• No idea mate, i don't use mine for cable so its not a problem i have ever come across.

I only use Telnet to change the root password, I use DCC and Cute FTP for everything else.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!