resolve autotimer conflicts

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,605 times. The last Post () by flapjack.

• Hi Everyone,

Ive had a good look around this site and google for the answer to this question but i cant find it. not sure if thats because im not asking it correctly or if its soooo simple i should just know it.

Im running latest blackhole on a duo2 (enigma2) with cross epg, coolman tv guide and autotimer plugins installed.

When i add another autotomer entry and select "save" it scans the epg for updates for all of my entries. then it displays a text box giving me the resulting changes. My results claim that i have 15 conflicts but i cant find how to resolve these conflicts. I've tried creating a conflict by setting too many things to record via coolman tvguide and i get something call the "Timer Sanity" page where i can resolve the conflict i have just created, but i cant find how to resolve the autotimer conflicts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• try refining the 'rules' that auto timer uses

if for example you try to record 'the simpsons' on channel 4, youll instantly have numerous conflicts, as its broadcast on many regional versions of channel 4 all at the same time, so itll add ALL of them to the auto timer lists to record, and lock up all your tuners while it attempts to record as many of them as possible

• Hi Digidude,

Thanks for the reply mate. I've not encountered that problem (yet), when i add autotimer entries (navigate via coolman tv guide to simpsons on channel 4 and press "green" it gives me the autotimer input wizard) i usually do it via coolman tv guide and the entry it creates only focuses on the channel you selected when creating the entry.

I was hoping that there is a conflict resolution page similar to the "Timer Sanity" page so that i can view the conflicts and resolve them. Have you seen anything like this?

• Is this autotimer a separate plugin that you have installed on the BH image???? if it is that may be why the conflicts are happening.....

BH has a timer menu built into the main menu, I use coolman plugin, have the green button on the remote set for timer, when I select a program on the coolman guide I want to record I press the green button and the timer menu opens up for me to set whether I want to record once or weekly etc etc.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi,

Yes its a plugin i got from the BH Extensions Management list (menu-plugins-manage extensions) Its a great plugin that searches the epg data for keywords i.e. programme titles and creates timers for them. It's the closest thing i could find to Series Links on Sly. I didnt like the standard timer as it requires quite a lot of customisation for each timer. With things like corrie and eastenders its fine as they are on regular schedules but if the footy is on an corrie moves it wont be recorded. Autotimer is keyword based so it picks up changes in schedule and end of seasons etc.

I've now resolved my issue by manually deleting all my Black Hole EPG timers that had imported from a previous backup (your mention of the black hole epg gave me that idea). This got rid of most of my conflicts then i manually added recordings during peak times on coolman tv guide, this caused the "Timer Sanity" page to pop up where i had existing conflicts, allowing me to resolve them all. It took a while but I couldnt think of any other way to do it.

I don't know for the life of me where the timer conflict resolution page is on Autotimer plugin, or even if one exists but not it needs one!!

Thanks for the help peeps

• try refining the 'rules' that auto timer uses

if for example you try to record 'the simpsons' on channel 4, youll instantly have numerous conflicts, as its broadcast on many regional versions of channel 4 all at the same time, so itll add ALL of them to the auto timer lists to record, and lock up all your tuners while it attempts to record as many of them as possible

No it won't as it restricts it to that service unless you choose specifically to search all services.

• Go into autotimer, press menu then setup and you need to enable the entry "add timers as disabled on conflict"

Hi Madhatter,

thanks for the reply, if i change the setting as you directed what will happen upon conflicts? will it jump to another time slot for the same programme automatically (like sly) or just add the entry as a disabled entry, which i then need to ,manually select another suitable time slot.

Also what would happen to existing conflicts?

Sorry to bombard you with loads of questions but my missus is going mental coz i keep missing her soaps. I can see murder in her eyes lol!

• Thanks to MadHatter for your reply as it has solved my problem.

Conflicted timers will not jump to another time slot they will be added as a disabled timer. You then go into BH timer list and enable it. This causes the timer sanity (timer conflict resolution page) to be displayed allowing you to resolve your timer conflict. I've also DL'd a great Android app called Dream EPG Premium. this has a great UI that makes resolving conflicted timer and setting up and editing timers really easy. I'd highly recommend it.

This info may be of assistance if you, like me are stuggling to not get beaten up by the GF when one of the holly trinity (Corrie, Easties and Emmerdale) fails to record. I honestly thought 4 tuners would suffice but it doesnt. Any one know of an Octo-Tuner box? :77:

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!