Motorised Sat annoyance Solo2

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,247 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I have a little annoyance which I have just lived with for a while
    I will explain the problem

I have a Solo2 running openPLi 4
    I have 2 Sat Dishes
    1 is fixed at 28.2
    1 is motorised (Line of sight is only between 19.2 and 3 )

Tuner A Fixed 28.2
    Tuner B Motor

The annoyance comes when recording using timer on 28.2. If I dont leave it on the channel to be recorded on 28.2 ( If its on foreign Sat channel its ok) the motorised dish will then move to 28.2 to try and record. Due to my line of sight issue the dish cant pick it up.
    Is there a way to force tuner A to zap to the channel to be recorded. Or ignore Tuner B for 28.2
    There is of course no issues with timer recordings from foreign Sat Channels

Mike

Edited once, last by ukmike ().

• I don't use openpli myself, but under the setup menu is there a sub menu for customize?? if so set it to expert..... you should be able to set the preferred tuner for recording etc.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• set a timer to zap one minute before the recording is due to start, not ideal, but will solve the problem

nice one mate
    there is an option within the timer screen to set what timer type. Had not noticed that before.
    will now set timer type to zap and record

not tried it yet but looks promising

Edit..... Tested and works fine

it's always a little thing that fixes stuff

Edited once, last by ukmike ().

• I've always had my motorised set to tuner A and fixed dish on tuner B it's been setup like this on a few boxes I've owned and never had any probs with recordings, may not work but just a suggestion

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!