Change password

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,848 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

Go to the Telnet Tab..

Make sure the cursor is on the black screen...

Type the following:

"passwd" and press Enter..

Now you will see enter new password.... Enter a new password (You won't see it being Typed!)... Now press enter!

It will ask you to re-enter the same password again!...

Type it in and press enter (again you won't see the password being typed)

You should now see password change success...

• or if your using windows 7 / vista and have telnet enabled ( it's disabled by default )

bring up a command window by hitting the windows button and typing CMD into the search bar, this will open a windows command prompt window then type telnet and hit enter you should now see the windows telnet prompt.

type o<space>followed by the ip of your receiver for example

o 192.168.0.19

then enter your user name as asked usually this is root then as instructed above enter passwd and follow the same procedure. i use this method my self rather than a third party telnet client.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• PLEASE ,PLEASE ,PLEASE USE THE SEARCHBAR AS YOUR QUESTION MAY HAVE BEEN ANSWERED PREVIOUSLY!!!
    EXAMPLE: http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…ge-dreambox-password.html
    Its as easy as that!!!

it's all good and well asking people to use the search bar ( and i agree with you ) but it wont change the way most users operate on forums, i have used and staffed forums such as this one for well over 15 years and it's the same now if not worse as it always has been. people who spend a good deal of time on forums such as my self will always use the search bar but the hit and runners will not and sadly there is very little any of us can do about it.

personally i find it easier to either navigate the user to the thread which already deals with the question or answer it any way. unless of course it's one of the many that pop up every flaming time a frequency change is performed on $ly those just pee me rite off.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Its called education!! Unless one is trying to "tot up" one´s posts count there really is no need to ask or respond to something that has already been asked and answered and POSTED IN THE SAME SECTION !!!
    As for experience, spoonfeeding a child only makes them fat, it doesnt actually help them to help themselves in the long run !!
    So ,"hit and runners" be aware-- our motto is : "there is no such thing as a stupid question but please READ BEFORE YOU POST!!!
    caz

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!