Cant seem to mount duo's Hdd on my solo

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,291 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hey guys

I'm having a strange problem mounting my duos HDD drive on my solo.

Here is my setup

Room 1: Duo (with 500GB HDD)
    Room 2: TM Single (No HDD)
    Room 3: Solo (no HDD)

All boxes are running the latest build of VIX

Basically I want to make the content on the Duo's HDD visible to the TM Single and Solo

I Have entered the following settings on the TM Single:

Mount using: FSTAB (mount at boot)
    Active: enable
    Local Share Name: HarddiskVUDUO
    Mount Type: CIFS Share
    Server IP: 192.168.0.XX
    Server share: Harddisk
    Use as HDD replacement: yes
    Mount Options: rw,utf8
    Username: root
    Password: (Blank)

These settings work perfectly on my TM single and I can view the duo's content on the TM single

The problem is that when I enter the exact same settings on the solo, the mount appears to be successful in mount viewer but i still cant view any of the duos content on the solo

When I go into recording settings on the solo and try to change the path of the recordings to the duos HDD path, either it wont let me collapse the directory or it says the directory is not writable.

I have done this 100 times over the last few years without a problem and had it working perfectly on an older version of vix but when I done the latest reflash it doesn't seem to work.

I have also tried it via the network browser method but that's not working either

Samba is enabled on all 3 boxes

Can anyone help me out as this is driving me around the bend lol

Cheers

Edit: The working recording path to the duo's HDD via the TM single is /media/autofs/HarddiskVUDUO/movie (this works perfectly)

If I try to enter the same path on the solo it says "the directory is not writable"

Edited once, last by Daddy Bear ().

• Does changing the permissions on the folder to 755 or 777 not make it writable ?

Thanks for your reply mate, I was hoping you would reply

I have 777'd all of my media folders and its still the same

The Techno mate TM single doesn't have a problem with the mount, only the Vu solo

Do you know of anything else I can try?

Thanks for your reply

• Try changing hdd replacement to no

I have my wd 2tb my book live connected to my solo and solo2 like this on vix

Menu,setup,system,network,mounts setup,network browser then scan network select my book live,films

Mount using FSTAB (mount at boot)
    Active enable
    Local share name films
    Mount type NFS SHARE
    server ip 192.00000.34
    Server share nas
    Use as hdd replacement no
    Mount options Rw,no lock,tcp

• Tried those settings clyde and it still doesn't work

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!