Server/ Omnikey

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,130 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi I'm trying to install the omnikey using these commands

apt-get install opensc pcscd libccid

nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf

Whenever I run the commands I'm not able to change thie lines by removing # from front and reader_drivers lines u delete one comand too as they aren't there change. See attached picture below:

reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi;
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;

Remove this line;

provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1

If that is done hit from keyboard ctrl+o and enter, then ctrl+x to exit

Next give command:

• Cant you move cursor with arrow keys ?

do you have gedit on the machine ?

- - - Updated - - -

You need to use editor program ¬

if you using pc server without gui you will need an editor program _
    nano
    gedit
    are 2 i can tink of - nano might be already part of the repostaries installed _

Been a while since i did that _ someone else will shed more light what i'm trying to say :rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• YOu need to manually edit them with an edit program

you can tyope something like nano /usr/bin/pcsc.config to use it _ or same with gedit ( ithink)

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• the "more" command is useful too ¬ you can check file before editing to see if you need to change anything !

• Dont forgett full reboot to activate settings !

• Run the command that mckee25 had posted. The update one said i'm up to date. 2nd command is showing what I have in the 1st post. The last command is letting me into opensc tool reader and it is saying default driver for unknown cards. Green light on left handside of card reader. Right handside light is off. I know don't know anything on card readers so I'm relying on your knowledge.

• Green light on left handside should be on (it's the power light) the light on the right hand side of the omnikey should blink red when the card is in it and is receiving requests....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I tried that command and it said command not found. Yes I have looked at the post that's the command lines I was using. Can't get the server to recognise the omnikey card reader. I can get as far as this command 'nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf' but I can't add these changes

And change thise lines by removing # from front and reader_drivers lines u delete one comand too:

reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi;
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;

Remove this line;

provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1

If that is done hit from keyboard ctrl+o and enter, then ctrl+x to exit

Because the lines aren't there

This is the link I used to set-up the server and oscam http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=16479

Edited once, last by bigdes ().

• Sorry to but in although from the look of your first post, you've installed ubuntu desktop version ( maybe wrong )
    The tutorial was written for the installation of ubuntu server edition, which may be your problem.
    The server edition doesn't have a gui installed. Most commands are performed by command line either using the server itself or putty, and winscp is used to edit configs, move oscam binaries etc.
    Simplebuild should install all necessary drivers for your card reader (make sure you select pcsc as per tutorial)
    Omnikey 3121 should have card inserted chip down and facing you as you look at front of reader (end of card number should be visible to you looking at front of reader, left side, green led and right side flashing red led as card is being interrogated, as far as i can remember anyway)

iBffBYU.png

Edited 4 times, last by codar ().

• Yes I install the opensc.conf file just double checking I installed in in the correct place went into root/etc/opensc and placed it in there. Then I ran the command from your link.

Yes I install the opensc.conf file just double checking I installed in in the correct place went into /etc/opensc and placed it in there. Then I ran the command from your link.

root directory is 1st / not word just to be sure !

• i went into etc then into opensc and dragged the file in and then ran the commands. My problem is I can't find the lines to edit as you can see on the first post and no flashing red light on the omnikey card reader. I'm running ubuntu server 13.10 everything else seems to be ok. I can access the server with IP;8888 and IP;16001
    I can see in the server the active c lines as I'm using my tm nano as a server at the minute. Just can't get the card reader to work.

• Have you tried running simplebuild?
    It should have been auto installed with the script from the tutorial you followed.
    It should install all necessary drivers for omnikey (it did for me , running 12.0.4 lts with no problems anyway)

cd /opt
    cd simplebuild
    ./simplebuild menu

Then follow this tutorial from "Section 2: Using Simplebuild to compile OScam" paying particular attention to "features, support for pcsc readers"
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=30959

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!