dm500 keeps crashing

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,797 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• hi lads,my mates give me his box to re flash because it keeps crashing ,so i have put 3 different images on and it still crashes,It freezes after about an hour or so then it has to be flashed again, Can anyone tell me if it can be sorted please.
    thanks

• its 15 months old and i'm using dream up and am now flashing it with Nabilo darkstar 2 but i have used pli 3 open pli and some others mor than 3 really mate.
    thanks

• If you're using dreamup and null modem,then you should'nt get any probs.
    The only thing i can think of is if its crashing after an hour or so,is it over heating/component failure and on its way out?

• Not unless you want to research swapping the capacitors and looking for dry solder joints.
    Just do the obvious first tho and make sure all connections to the dreambox are fine and that the power supply is fine(try swapping for another 1 and see if you get the same result)
    But if you find that it is overheating/board/component failure,then its not really cost effective to be messing around with for the sake of 45-55 quid for a new one.

• at last , someone has the same problem as i had.. thought it was just me,, madbriuk, i had same problem, sick of it really, for a finish i flashed it so many times, box wont work any more.. nothing got to do with fan , or cooler or anything its just unlucky we got similar boxes.. i even sent my one back, guy didnt even look at it, just put it down for tuner problem.. man i feel your pain..

• These are some images I found on the net :
    Both have implemented ON/OFF switches

the cable is a bit thick in this one(thinner might overheat quicker) to add an ON/OFF switch

credit to tonimoreno
    or alternatively:

credit to yosimura

alternatively if you dont want to solder : then look for a laptop fan with a usb charger

• or though i coudent work out why you did all that work for a fan mate i did fit a fan in my dm500 and it seems all ok i also changed the psu,All i did was solder a 12v fan on to the psu socket, so thanks for help on this one.
    thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!