sticky mag 250

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,387 times. The last Post () by georgios73.

• hello all i have a problem i have rebooted router and mag many times in the portal i have vod works fine most of the channels work BUT when it comes to SLY UK screen goes off after a min for a split second then comes back on it dose this every 3 mins any help out there

• i have similar problem, was it ok before like mine, i was told by a friend that the version 218 r8 has a bug in it to cause this. so we need to figure out how to roll back the software to the previous version. i don't know how or where to find that, perhaps someone will post the procedure and file for us. i am quite new at this. thanks

• best bet is to ask your portal provider... only they know what they are feeding you..
    A common issue with these mags is the user trying to up/downgrade themselves and end up with nothing working...
    You only have to read previous threads about the same..

• so dose anyone no how to change image back

- - - Updated - - -

i have similar problem, was it ok before like mine, i was told by a friend that the version 218 r8 has a bug in it to cause this. so we need to figure out how to roll back the software to the previous version. i don't know how or where to find that, perhaps someone will post the procedure and file for us. i am quite new at this. thanks

yes it was fine before update i have been trying all over how to turn it back with no joy like you i am new to the mag box

- - - Updated - - -

best bet is to ask your portal provider... only they know what they are feeding you..
    A common issue with these mags is the user trying to up/downgrade themselves and end up with nothing working...
    You only have to read previous threads about the same..

already asked them mate they even turned my accounnt off then back on to see if that would work no joy

• there is a problem with the r8 version firmware
    did you update the firmware manually?
    make sure your mag is set to disable auto update
    you need to bring it back to an earlier version

there is a fix for the R8 without re-installing the R7 firmware.

1. take out the Ethernet cable. turn it off and turn it back on while holding the Menu button.
    2.This will bring you to the bios, once there go to Def Settings and when that's done go to Exit & Save.
    3. Do step 1 again and change Boot up to NAND.
    4. Exit and Save
    5. Restart the box and this should bring you back to the inner portal. Here go to settings and change the Auto update to Disable. then go to the Settings-System settings-Portal and put in your portal address in again.

• Found these files for 218r7 from links posted and reinstalled thru bios and all good again.
    Remember rename bootstrap_250 to just bootstrap and put both files in a folder named mag250 or mag254 whichever you have
    Load folder onto a FAT32 formatted usb stick.
    Note I have only used this with a mag250 but should work with mag254 just rename folder to mag254
    As a new member not sure if the links will work if not then PM me for the files.http://tv.tenet.ua/firmware/mag250/0.2.18-r7/imageupdate
    http://tv.tenet.ua/firmware/mag250/0.2.18-r7/Bootstrap_250

to enter bios press and hold menu after power on
    hope this helps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!