Help. I have no clue.

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 973 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• Ok, so as I said in my intro, I have no idea. Not about computers, flashing, firmware, all that... about satellite receivers. I have always had ***/****** with full package and never worried. Nowadays, they seem to be tearing out people's eyeballs and I don't like it any more.

To be fair, I know they're just basic computers and decoders etc, but I don't know what I am looking for. I don't know what's legal, illegal or readily available. I've had plenty to do with computers and replacing firmware on some devices, but I have always followed a guide.

I am basically here, as a starting point though. So I suppose I had best let you know what I am looking for.

Firstly, I have read the rules, but I can't understand them if I don't know what they're about, so at the risk of being banned for mentioning it (I hope not), what on earth is a payserver and why are they taboo? I assume, someone taking regular cash for coding a box, or sending a signal or something?

Secondly, what am I allowed to discuss here? Are TV boxes that illegally pick up channels taboo too?

Thirdly, I am looking to get a box, which gives me access to everything I have now (****** media full package) and more if possible. If the second answer is yes, then this will be a pointless ask, but I have put it anyway.

And lastly, whatever box I get, I need 2. MY GF has a daughter who has multiroom in her bedroom, and I'll never hear then end if it goes. Basically, we need a full EPG on both boxes, recording is an option, but not a requirement.

Thanks, Paul

• Without sounding rude but everything you have asked has already been answered several times over.
    We , as hobbyists enjoy the workings of signals and all linux and sat related along with IPTV as you can see from the various forums.
    Payserver is a person who uses cards from third parties to then supply paying "customers" with said cards.
    As hobbyists we abhor such activities.
    The information contained on site is for knowledge on how things might work. ( Disclaimer)
    Most of the information is experimental hence the end user takes responsibility for their own actions and we do not.( Disclaimer)
    About which boxes,etc take a look at the sponsors ´page... and read this forum entirely...
    Reading is the path to understanding and experimenting is the key to success..
    So enjoy the read buddy...

• From another perspective i'd add that there is no way of getting channels for "FREE" _ The hobby requires a subscription to "share" >
    You may be able to save yourself a few quid by learning how to share what you already have ! Not sure if we discuss cable here but i believe it can be shared so in theory you could pay for 1 subscription and "share" it with your Wife + Daughter !

Do as Cazuela says _ HAve a good read :rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Official Post

Cable / virmin media card is costly to try to share. It requires expensive programming equipment to retrieve the rsa keys from the chip on the receiver. There is no support here for extracting these rsa keys.. If you are doing this to save money then forget about virmin media sharing..

• I have no intention of reading this WHOLE forum entirely if it's to "save a few quid". Also, I was more expecting someone to give me answers along the lines of paying 100 quid for a box and setting it up to receive all channels, whether legal/illegal. For info purposes, it wouldn't matter what people told me would it. I have no idea what "sharing" means, or "extracting rsa keys". I imagine this means, a) we are on different wavelengths and this forum isn't what I thought or, b) you lot set them up with firmware etc from scratch, install all your "legal" stuff yourselves and call it a hobby, so I'm barking up the wrong tree trying to find where to get one that's plug n play. Thanks.

• Unless from the quick read I've just had, I have it sussed?
    My theory, correct me if I'm wrong?
    Mr A has a TV subscription to Sly. He also has a PC and a router and another box, being the "shared" one? His Mother, Mrs A, also has internet. He "shares" his Sly card via the internet connection with her. Payservers, are the people who claim to be able to provide you with a code for 12 months, then upload what they've nicked off someone else and charge people over the odds?

• In a nutshell, yes.. although you dont need a pc to share but to communicate with the box.
    A the box would serve and be served..
    by reading the forum I meant this one about which reciever would be recommended..

• Ah, so basically, the PC is to manipulate the firmware, set up the box in the first place etc.
    THe box is plugged into a router or used with a dongle etc and the card isn't cloned, but the internal coding is shared via a router or over the internet through the router.
    The payservers, are the people like the bloke in Liverpool arrested for charging, they pay a sub, but charge to share their codes, so they basically make profit off doing something that if people looked here, they could do themselves for free.
    Am I doing ok? lol

- - - Updated - - -

And one more question: Do you "technically" have to pay a full subscription to Sly, or is it possible to "open" channels up for viewing with only a basic subs and a bit of equipment?

• Yeah Paul _ your onboard !!!
    The idea of card sharing came about because sat enthusiasts _ You know all those nutters with motorised dishes weren't allowed to subscribe to the plethora of foriegn channels their receivers could pick up ! CWS via enigma1 meant that someone in germany could share there card with someone in norwaY and so on ¬
    meaning that when most people had 12 shares they were buzzin !! !
    Now payservers have worked out they could hijack the idea by undercutting sly whilst being set up in say romania blah blah !

:smokelots:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And one more question: Do you "technically" have to pay a full subscription to Sly, or is it possible to "open" channels up for viewing with only a basic subs and a bit of equipment?

If you had sport only someone with films might share ???

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• So, you can basically share part packages? Someone with sport can give a code to someone who has say, Boxnation and in turn share their codes with someone else who has movies?

• I applaud you for being a quick observer.
    Which only goes yet again to prove my point that reading is the way to go!!
    $ly is not the best example these days as I understand there is no HD being shared..
    But yes, you have caught on really quick, so whatever you choose to do, you will be set up and running in no time.
    Always take into consideration that whatever you do choose to do is your responsibility, we do not condone "sharing".
    card sharing is based on trust with another peer.. so choose wisely..there are plenty of recommendations/suggestions as how to go about it in the cardsharing forum..
    We simply like to experiment to gain greater knowledge....
    now you are part of this great hobby I think you will soon be able to help others..
    If you want to know exactly what is legal/illegal I suggest you take a look at the laws of your country.

• Ok, right so I think that goes a way to answering my next question. How do people end up with all the extras, like foreign channels. I imagine that is because they share with those who have subs to them in the first place, multiple dishes, or better setups?
    I was advised by a friend a while ago that nbox are good. He advised me as he "knows someone" who sets them up and charges 150 quid. I have no idea what box, no idea what his setup involves and I have no intentions of getting him to sort one, since he obviously is sharing what others do for free! However, I liked the sound of the box as he said it was like his sly box, with a 'hyperion' skin? Are skins and images the same? Just a software basically that gives the screen an appearance I assume? If so, is nbox a good make? Are they easy to set up and what's an average cost for a good model? What else would people advise? Seems to be too much choice to me!

• Buy a box from the forum sponsor and you will get all the support you need either here or on there forum _
    As Cazuela pointed out we do not condone card sharing in any way ! However what you get up to and arrange with other members is your business !

Have fun :good news:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!