Review Zgemma Star Twin tuner Satellite or sat / cable from Airsat Digital

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,466 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Official Post

Im happy to have received this new box to test. This promises to be a cheap Twin tuner @ about the 90 US dollar mark...
    These are still in Beta test stages before a final revised version is released.
    The box is small and light weight with a separate power supply.

FULL SPECS

FEATURES:
    -DVBS2+S2
    Linux Operating System
    Multimedia plug-in supported
    HDMI up to 1080p
    1 x Smartcard-Reader
    2 x USB2.0
    100 Mbit Ethernet Interface
    Advanced EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
    Full automatic service scan
    Various OSD skins supported
    Cool silent fanless running
    Low deep-standby power consumption under 1 W
    Specification: -
    HDTV Receiver MHEG-2/4 H. 264
    3D Ready
    CPU751MHz BCM MIPS Processor Linux OS
    More than 3.16.x linux kernel
    Excellent sound quality in Dolby Digital
    TWO DVBS2 Tuner built-in
    HDMI Connection
    AV Connection
    USB PVR Support of external HDD (HDD Optional)
    1xCardreader (MultiCAS)
    2x USB 2.0
    Ethernet access 10/100 Mbit
    512MB NAND Flash / 512MB DDR3
    USB Port for adding PVR functions and more...
    Timeshift
    Electronic TV program guide ( EPG )
    Parental Control
    Plugin Service
    OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
    Webinterface, WEB Remote control
    DISEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and USAL's
    External power supply12V 3A

Offical support from OpenATV and OpenDroid. (thus far)
    Despite a few arguments this is not a cloned receiver. It has its own hardware and drivers.

https://github.com/oe-alliance…igital-dvb-modules-sh1.bb

I have run all the normal tests on a motorised and fixed dish setup.
    It moves the motorised dish well from both limits of east and west but not as quickly as my xpeed boxes or the xp1000 (when i had that)
    The 2nd tuner is not as sensitive as my other boxes on weaker signals and channel change is a little slower.
    Recording of 2 channels and playback all work fine. As dose timeshift, pause , rewind etc etc
    I have tested a few wifi sticks and all have worked well.
    No scart or rs232 connection, but dose have AV connections.
    The remote control is vastly better than the cloud ibox range (airsat digital also make.) and even works pointed at the ceiling.
    To sum up, this is a great little box for about 60 squid!!

• I m totally new to Linux box.

Any popular channel list and how to flash it.
    Can't update software via USB.
    Want to try other image like openvix and hdfreaks. And many more

• I m totally new to Linux box.

Any popular channel list and how to flash it.
    Can't update software via USB.
    Want to try other image like openvix and hdfreaks. And many more

ViX dont make images for clones, any image you find for this or any other clone by the Airdigital manufacturer is a unofficially patched image and we take no responsibility for it.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• ViX dont make images for clones, any image you find for this or any other clone by the Airdigital manufacturer is a unofficially patched image and we take no responsibility for it.

No it is officially supported. Check it at zgemma.tv

Anyway how does Linux box software upgrade works. Can I do it via laptop?

• No it is officially supported. Check it at zgemma.tv

Anyway how does Linux box software upgrade works. Can I do it via laptop?

I don't need to check any site, I have worked as a team member within ViX for almost 5 years. There is not now and never will be any form of ViX support for this or any other clone by Airdigital.

I'll put it in simpler terms for you. If it is not listed here www.openvix.co.uk then ViX dont support it.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Edited once, last by pheonix ().

• I don't need to check any site, I have worked as a team member within ViX for almost 5 years. There is and never will be any form of ViX support for this or any other clone by Airdigital.

I have no firsthand knowledge but it was mention online so I assumed. Though openatv support it officially and if possible can u teach me how to upgrade it, heard that all Linux box have similarities on steps

• Official Post

I have no firsthand knowledge but it was mention online so I assumed. Though openatv support it officially and if possible can u teach me how to upgrade it, heard that all Linux box have similarities on steps

Yes your correct, it is the same as most linux boxes, stick to the official firmware from OpenATV or openDroid. None of the other firmware available will run correctly as its been patched (and badly so) from other platforms.
    There is plenty enough info on the forum and most of what you have asked for can be done with your remote control.
    Image can be downloaded from here
    http://linuxsat-support.com/view.php?pg=openatv

• Yes your correct, it is the same as most linux boxes, stick to the official firmware from OpenATV or openDroid. None of the other firmware available will run correctly as its been patched (and badly so) from other platforms.
    There is plenty enough info on the forum and most of what you have asked for can be done with your remote control.
    Image can be downloaded from here
    http://linuxsat-support.com/view.php?pg=openatv

I did followed the steps but it doesn't work.

1. Download the zip file and unzip to USB with Fat32
    2. Insert at rear USB port and power on/off
    3. Nothing happens.

Can u link me popular channel list like ajsat ones.

• Hi first time on this site so apologies if posting in the wrong section. Ive just bought a Zgemma-Star 2S Twin Tuner Enigma 2 Linux IPTV Box‏ and its my fist time using it.
    It came with channels and a gift all loaded onto it but i'd like a quick update as what else I can do with it. I find it not really user friendly as I always had sky.
    Can I get a link to a manual and help on downloading skins and recording e.g doing series link and once off recording.
    Just one more thing, when viewing a recorded program I can only see half of the text, e.g deleted items (only half of the txt is visible so it makes finding programs hard to find.

• No need to apologize bud... your ignorance/ naivety are so obvious...
    READ THE RULES before you go any further..
    There is absolutely 100% NO SUPPORT FOR PAYSERVERS AND/OR THEIR SUPPORTERS
    No more excuses!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!