VU+ Solo2 running Blackhole 2.1.2

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,370 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi All,
    I'm new to this. Bought the STB, a VU+ Solo2 running Blackhole 2.1.2 image.
    Tried to follow instructions on various forums including this one. But not managed to clear the channels I expected.
    I have got WinSCP working and can FTP files onto image, I've tried with .tgz and .ipk files, but to be honest I don't really understand how I should be selecting these files, to be compatible with my set-up.
    I've also obtained c-lines and pasted into CCcam.cfg but not really sure whether I'm doing that right - should it be only the c-line in the file, or should the c-line be appended to an existing CCcam.cfg file with other important text?
    Once I've got the appropriate files in the appropriate folders of my image, I'm confused about what steps to execute within the VU+ Solo2 menus, and when to restart Blackhole, or hard power reset the VU+? and do I need to restart router (BT Home Hub5)?

If there are other things I need to check like EPG, I would be happy to reply but need to know how to check the various aspects of my set-up (as it was set-up by the shop I bought it from).

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide ;o)

• Official Post

Install the attached CCcam 2.3.0. FTP the ipk file to /tmp folder > On the remote control press Green button > Yellow button > Manually install ipk packages > Follow on screen instructions to install the ipk file..

After the solo2 has restarted copy, paste and save the C lines into the attached CCcam.cfg file with notepadd++, then FTP to the /etc folder.

Press Blue button for softcam manager > Scroll left or right to select CCcam 2.3.0 as default softcam > Press OK to start..

• Thanks dude. Not working yet. I successfully followed the instructions to install the .ipk and the .cfg file with clines in. also managed to run the softcam 2.3.0
    but i'm not sure what i'm supposed to be doing thereafter. When I scroll thru EPG looking for channels that I expected to have cleared they still don't clear. just restarting blackhole now to see if that helps.
    Or do I also need to change EPG following your other link above?

• Official Post

The EPG has nothing to do with how CCcam works.

Check CCcam is running and the server / C line is online by looking at CCcamInfo in a browser window like this :
    http://ip.address.of.solo2:16001 (change ip.address.of.solo2 to the correct ip address of the receiver)

If CCcam is running a window will appear asking you to login:

Code
    WEBINFO USERNAME :root
    WEBINFO PASSWORD :dreambox
    WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001

Click the SERVERS tab, it will show you if the server is online and if it has any cards available.

• Thanks again! I just followed the above instructions and I believe this shows the CCcam is working. Looks like this.......

Welcome to CCcam 2.3.0 server

Server connections: 3
    +----------------------------+------------+---------+--------+----------------+-------+-------------------------------+
    | Host | Connected | Type | Version| NodeID | Cards | CAID/Idents |
    +----------------------------+------------+---------+--------+----------------+-------+-------------------------------+
    |xx:17890|00d 00:31:03|CCcam-s2s|2.3.0 |xx| 34 | |
    |xx:42000|00d 00:31:03|CCcam-s2s|2.3.0 |xx| 35 | |
    |xx:48000|00d 00:31:03|CCcam-s2s|2.3.0 |xx| 32 | |

• Official Post

Is that same as Service Scan? That's what I'm doing now, taking long time .........

Stop the scan and add the channel list, it does exactly the same thing, but it takes a minute instead of 20 for the scan.

Or install the attached plugin and run a scan from plugin menu ( Green button > AutoBouquets )..

• Hi I waited for the Service Scan to complete - it found 423 Services.
    I then followed the instructions above from Master G. Both Tuners are set up as above image.
    I copied the Catseye file into /tmp and did the green yellow to install the .ipk which then triggered a solo2 restart (blue screen). Came back on free sat still ok, but when I scroll to a premium channel no joy. still 0% SNR for those channels.
    Strange eh!!

• Just followed plug in auto-bouquets instructions too. the .ipk installed ok and I found E2 Auto bouquets in the menu-plugins list. selected it and tried to hit green to start, prompted to hit menu first to get into more options. changed my Loacal Area to Granada, left everything as is. #it asked me to do NIT scan which i said yes to. it showed "download bouquets, working .."then started solo again.
    still not clearing premium channels though ;o(

Stop the scan and add the channel list, it does exactly the same thing, but it takes a minute instead of 20 for the scan.

Or install the attached plugin and run a scan from plugin menu ( Green button > AutoBouquets )..

- - - Updated - - -

Just followed plug in auto-bouquets instructions too. the .ipk installed ok and I found E2 Auto bouquets in the menu-plugins list. selected it and tried to hit green to start, prompted to hit menu first to get into more options. changed my Loacal Area to Granada, left everything as is. #it asked me to do NIT scan which i said yes to. it showed "download bouquets, working .."then started solo again.
    still not clearing premium channels though ;o(

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys I've had a slight breakthrough.... When I arrow up from watching a channel and get the channels list (now and next format), if I select yellow (Provider) and select B***B I get a smaller subset of channels but lots of them work, incl. BT Sports 1 and many others. But I still can't see most sly Sports channel;s in the list and the one that is in the list will not clear for me. ITs all a bit weird. Do you think I should take it up with my cline provider? in the past they told me they don't provide support instructions for VU+ Solo2......

Do you think I should take it up with my cline provider? in the past they told me they don't provide support instructions for VU+ Solo2......

Who is your provider buddy??
    Why do they not support VU+ ??
    YOu either haven´t read the rules or haven´t gone to spec savers in a while.......

• Provider is xxxxxxxxxx.com
    I only bought a month. which do you recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, just checked, this provider (www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com) have not stated anything about VU+, and on their website you are presented with a drop down list of STBs, and VU+ is included, therefore I assume it is supported.
    The provider that told me (by email) that they did not support VU+ was ***boxheaven, they took the money of course but didn't want to help me get set-up working (disappointing!)

Edited 2 times, last by cazuela: too much info... payserver supporter ().

• peaksat -
    Buddy do yourself a favour read and respect the rules please..
    We absolutely detest payservers and work hard to maintain this a HOBBYIST site..
    knowledge should be freely distributed but should also be free..
    Get yourself a package/card and you will soon see the benefits of why, economically and a peace of mind for your viewing pleasure.
    if you decide to go down the sharing path then everything is on this site to help and guide you.
    But please do not support these money scroungers..
    pay heed to our advice buddy..

• Exactly...... you have learn't the hard way buddy...... Parting with your hard earned cash to a payserver, and what have you ended up with???? a black screen........

Please take cazuela's advice and have a look at the concept of card sharing.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!