HDMU box display VFD not working

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,053 times. The last Post () by carlos99.

• Hi does anyone know how to get the vfd display to work on hdmu image it currently just displays boot. AMIKO ALIEN 2+.

if i use open pli the vfd displays fine but with HDMU the VFD dont seem to work.
    i prefer HDMU as Cable seem a lot more steady.

• you would need to replace aotom.ko - but it needs to be compatible with the kernel version of the particular image.

Which kernel is the HDMU image using? (from telnet run: uname -r this will give you the kernel version)

• Ok - I have not used telnet before but sure I can work it out. I will download and report back asap.

- - - Updated - - -

hi 2.6.32.61_stm24_0215 is what that returned does this help?

- - - Updated - - -

hi 2.6.32.61_stm24_0215 is what that returned does this help?

- - - Updated - - -

hi i have found the updated aotom.ko on another site and copied it to the lib/modules folder then restarted the box but still no change at all just says boot.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone help with this ? the time on the display now seems to be 4 hours out by 4 hours? is there a way of manually changing this?.
    I take it that nobody with a amiko alien 2+ can get the display working with HDMU is this correct at the minute? or am i using an old HDMU?
    does the online update work with HDMU?

System kernal 2.6.32.61 stm24 0215
    HDMU rev . 13068
    GIT REV . 3285

Please help.

• best goto the english section of HDMU and ask them
    but to be honest id tape the display up if its bugging you,i know its not the answer but i cant even see my display from were i sit

as for the cable side, yes its a lot more stable than atv

if you can find the imaged that the display works (open pli martinxp ) then find the files thats needed then load across the hdmu image,but i do know that the display did work on a another previous hdmu image with the plus

i havent found out the problem with the display yet and a fix as i dont have the plus

• yeah i think the problem is the fact that not many people have the new display version of the box so not many people working on a fix?
    do you know if the HDMU on-line updates work and does this method keep all of my settings? as it don't work on the ATV when i did the on-line update it gave an error after the flash and the box wouldn't boot properly until i re-flashed an older backup

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!