Openbox S10 - Can't Upgrade by USB

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,977 times. The last Post () by hooley.

• Hi everyone. First post so be gentle with me. I have an openbox S10, have doent eh usual checks and its not a clone. But when i try to upgrade by USB the option to do so is greyed out. I have tried 3 different flash drives but no joy. Each of the drives is recognied by the Openbox when playing avi's etc...
    Has anyone a solution to this problem. Help would be much appreciated.

• hi thanks for gettingback so quick, yes i have used winrar and extracted the .abs file to the root of the flash drives, but oddly the menu is still greyed out.

• Does anything pop up onscreen when you insert you're USB? Get an empty USB stick and let the box format it for you. Do this by going to media then HDD information and press yellow for format. Mine is FAT.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• ok got it to work, three different usb oen drives didnt want to know, formatted with ntfs, then fat, then fat32, didnt make a difference. Thought i would try a sd card with a card reader and off it went with no problem. Thanks for the responses guys

• ok got it to work, three different usb oen drives didnt want to know, formatted with ntfs, then fat, then fat32, didnt make a difference. Thought i would try a sd card with a card reader and off it went with no problem. Thanks for the responses guys

Thanks for the update.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!