Questions about the 102E

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 561 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi all, Im new here so be patient and gentle with me :)

1. How can I tell if the box I got off a friend has patched FW or not?

2. I have made a backup of the existing channels and the file format is .abs, I have since found an up to date channel list with all the HD channels removed because of the new security measures by ***, but this channel list is in the format .udf and I cannot load it onto my box, why?

3. Is there an idiot guide for these boxes, I have the manual but need a better insight into what I can and cant do

4. Ive noticed files for the 102E on this site, Patched, EMU and FW, I know FW is like original Firmware, Im guessing Emu is an Emulation? and patched is a patched FW?, what does an EMU do?

TIA

Edited once, last by ajayuk ().

but this channel list is in the format .udf and I cannot load it onto my box, why?

It has been saved as a user database file.
    As far as i know, this type of file is saved over a firmware file to incorporate your channel list into your firmware.
    Here's a tutorial i found on the net but (as with everything else in this hobby) do so at your own risk.

With thanks to darth maul for the tutorial.

Is there an idiot guide for these boxes, I have the manual but need a better insight into what I can and cant do

Not really, just use the search bar, top right of the page (chances are it has been asked/answered in the past) or just start a thread about your specific problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!