Mag254 Software Update "wrong signature"?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 23,298 times. The last Post () by katiec33.

• Having problems with new Mag254 when doing software update I get status wrong signature? The log says Updating to version 218 05/12/14 it says my current version is 0 (invalid date)? My software URL is mag.informir.com.ua/254/r2/imageupdate Any ideas anyone?

Edited once, last by cazuela: no live links thanks ().

• Dunno if this will help, but came across a similar issue with "Wrong Signature" message when installing a newer firmware via USB stick on a MAG254 and it turned out to be the USB stick. For whatever reason, changed the stick and it worked. Also ran into a "unsupported architecture" message and discovered the imageupdate file was actually for a MAG250. Verified by opening up the imageupdate file using "EditPad Lite" and looking at the STB Model:MAG254 string. Got the right public FW and all went well.

• i have same problem after factory reset, wrong signature, just got box off my mate who did not want it, is there any software updates and how to do , as i am new to this, my box is a mag 250, just been reading up on this sight today

• After factory reset, I am also getting wrong signature error. sometime update image process freezes at any percentage. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• I use a 'HTTP' update mehtod .It's via WIFI internet from 'infomir ' site ... My current version is r-14.

Edited once, last by chifut: . ().

• Ok you have flashed a non custom firmware or been shipped with it. Heres how to solve :)

unplug the power
    hold the home key
    power on to blue screen with options
    goto default settings then ok
    then goto factory reset twice then reboot

Boot into the blue screen again then select boot = nand
    save and reboot

all will work perfect now but your settings will need to be re done

Hope it helps :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!